Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

ShutterTalk Digital Photography Open Competition (Contest) June 2015: Historical

ShutterTalk Digital Photography Open Competition (Contest) June 2015: Historical Buildings &/or Monuments

NEW GUIDELINES for this Competition: Please Read Below

Category: Historical Buildings &/or Monuments
Contest Begins: June 1st, 2015
Contest Ends: June 30th, 2015
Open To: ShutterTalk Digital Photography Forum Members
Contest Type: International Photography Competition (Contest)
Prize: Amazon Gift Card (Undisclosed Amount)

Guidelines:

Submit up to three photos of digital photographs of some of your best photo shots of historical buildings &/or monuments. For this particular competition, the photos do not have a time limit on when they have been taken. Photos entered can be from years ago, as well as more recently. They just need to be posted in this thread by the end of the competition to be counted within this contest.

Images must be posted here in this forum thread and be owned legally by the contributing member. Please also submit information about where the photo was taken along with some brief details.

The photograph should be interesting and draw the individual into the scene and have few distractions. We look forward to seeing your photographs!

Judging

Judging will consider different criteria including, but not limited to, creativity, relevance to category, and photo quality. Judging will occur when the contest ends and results will be posted in the forums as soon as possible.

Winning Multiple Times During Monthly Contests - NEW

A member can be chosen as the winner twice within a six month period. This will even the "playing field" to some degree to allow other members the ability to enter their high quality photographs and have the opportunity to also be chosen as the winner during a new monthly contest theme.

Please refrain from commenting on other's posts in this thread until the contest end date.

How do I upload photos on the forums?

Here are a few threads which should be helpful in uploading photos to the forums. Please feel free to send me a message if you need additional help.

How To Attach Multiple Photos

How To Attach Photos

Letting Others Know about the Contest

We would love to let others know about our contests. We plan to have a contest each month. If you have friends who love photography, please let them know!

If you love social media, please share with your media friends about the contest on Facebook, Twitter, Google+, your blogs, everywhere! We would love to have them in here in the forums and be a part of the contests!

Questions?

Please let us know if you have any questions!

Barbara - Life is what you make of it!

I'll kick it off with a bit of WSC in Fulton, Missouri.

Attached Files Image(s)

Here are some taken of the memorial tributes which have been erected over the years on 'The Hoe' in the city of Plymouth.

Firstly the 1914 -1918 and 1939 - 1945 War memorial.

Next. The memorial to 'Sir Francis Drake'.

The memorial commemorating the 'Vanquishing of the Spanish Armada.

The memorial to 'The Royal Air Force' and 'Commonwealth and Allied Air Forces' 1939 -45.

All photographs taken with a Nikon D300, 18 -200 Nikkor AFS G ED lens. Obviously no flash required. All exposures made manually. Post production in Serif PhotoPlus X5.

Here are a couple of shots of the 'Blacksmiths Workshop and Forge' taken at 'Mount Edgecombe House'. Which is located just on the Cornish side of the river Tamar. By some quirk of fate, during a conversation with the Blacksmith, it transpired that we both went to the same primary school, albeit some years apart.

Nikon D300, F/8, 1/15th sec, ISO800, aperture priority +0.7EB, 18mm, auto WB.

Nikon D300 F/8, 1/13sec, ISO800 aperture priority +0.7EB, 29mm, auto WB.

In both cases, no additional (flash) lighting was used.

Joe Jacob. Ely Cathedral, UK

Attached Files Image(s)

Or how about this statue of 'Prince William' located outside the 'Royal William Yard' Royal Naval Dockyard, Devonport, Plymouth, Devon, England?

Nikon D300, F/8, 400sec, 200mm, ISO200, Aperture Priority, Bias +0.3.

Or how about this one? Gloucester Cathedral. A rather unusual viewpoint, taken from within the quadrangle to the rear of the building.

Nikon D300, F/8, 500sec, ISO200, 18mm, Aperture Priority. Auto WB. Post production in PhotoPlus X5.

Great Sons of Monmouth!

Henry V, Lancastrian King of England and famous for his military exploits, especially the Battle of Agincourt, is seen through the legs of the Charles Stewart Rolls who, along with Henry Royce, founded the famed Rolls Royce engineering company. The statues are on and in front of the Shire Hall in the centre of Monmouth, Wales.

The Last Plantagenet King finally laid to rest in Leicester Cathedral.

(Jun 30, 2015, 06:34)Quornish Colin Wrote:  Great Sons of Monmouth!

Henry V, Lancastrian King of England and famous for his military exploits, especially the Battle of Agincourt, is seen through the legs of the Charles Stewart Rolls who, along with Henry Royce, founded the famed Rolls Royce engineering company. The statues are on and in front of the Shire Hall in the centre of Monmouth, Wales.
Taken with my trusty old Canon EOS 10D, Canon zoom lens 28-135 set at 28mm, 1/125sec at f6.7.

Thank you to each of you who entered the contest! There were some interesting photos entered for the month!

Congrats to JOE19 on your submission in the June photo contest (post number 5A)! Yours is chosen as the winner!

Thanks to each of your for participating! Be sure to enter the July contest!

We love to see your photos!!

Barbara - Life is what you make of it!

Congratulations on your win Joe19. A great photo.

Regards Jane

A jolly good competition thread on a good topic and I thoroughly approve of the winner. Joe, it would be interesting to know the camera and lens used and settings. If I may say, I very much like Prince William too - beautifully detailed and subtle colouring but Phil was up against it with the background that was given. Also the second forge picture is very striking - good eye impact and colour with I think a dash of added nostalgia sauce, but bits and pieces of this and that are sticking into the picture from the sides which for me at least diminish the overall effect. Nice though. Regards all, Jeff

(Jul 12, 2015, 16:09)Freeman Wrote:  A jolly good competition thread on a good topic and I thoroughly approve of the winner. Joe, it would be interesting to know the camera and lens used and settings. If I may say, I very much like Prince William too - beautifully detailed and subtle colouring but Phil was up against it with the background that was given. Also the second forge picture is very striking - good eye impact and colour with I think a dash of added nostalgia sauce, but bits and pieces of this and that are sticking into the picture from the sides which for me at least diminish the overall effect. Nice though. Regards all, Jeff

I assume you are talking of the one looking up. f/13, 1/10 sec. ec -3, ISO 200. then Ps to bring out the almost blown white window. the other image is in HDR
Joe