Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Skater Park Boys

Seeing how I don't live too far and it being a beautiful day I'd take the dog and camera for a walk to the Skate Park.

[Image: Skate-1.jpg]

[Image: Skate-2.jpg]

[Image: Skate-3.jpg]

[Image: Skate-4.jpg]

[Image: Skate-5.jpg]

[Image: Skate-6.jpg]

[Image: Skate-7.jpg]

[Image: Skate-8.jpg]

Sit, stay, ok, hold it! Awww, no drooling! :O
My flickr images

Cool shots Colin!!

Great captures! Nice and sharp to boot. What were you shooting with? (lens) settings etc.

Thanks Colin.

Jerry

Nos an modica tantum nostri somnium
"We are limited only by our imagination"

Thanks fellas. A couple of these were shot in manual 100iso f-4.0 or there about using 35-105mm 3.5-4.5 lens. I switched to sport mode because of the movement. It was sunny out and the exposure changes with every couple feet that I panned the camera.
Here is the data from the first shot.

35.0-105.0mm @ 105.0mm
1/1600 sec, f/7.1
Mode: Sport
Metering: Evaluative
ISO: 400
AF mode: AI Servo AF

Sit, stay, ok, hold it! Awww, no drooling! :O
My flickr images

These are great. The first one is a real work of art. The others are just good action grabs.

Nikon D3100 with Tokina 28-70mm f3.5, (I like to use a Vivitar .43x aux on the 28-70mm Tokina), Nikkor 10.5 mm fisheye, Quanteray 70-300mm f4.5, ProOptic 500 mm f6.3 mirror lens. http://donschaefferphoto.blogspot.com/

Very nice shots! I'd try to blur the background a bit on some of these, though. My favorite is #7, maybe because it's very dynamic and there isn't much background.

Gallery/ Flickr Photo Stream

Reality is for wimps who can't face photoshop.

Hi Pet

uuhmmm where do I start?

N1: the thing about lines is that you need the flow, specialy with a subject like that. Needs to go somewhere. so is better if he start at the midle right so that he has some space to go. and the lines also will direct your eye to him.

N2: is just your dop is too much. trow it out of focus, and always remember to see your backgroud. In this pix is the water in the back or front of him.But is very good action shot.

N3: Is better I like to see eyes and people faces as it gives more interaction. the bad... you cut his arm, could have given some sense of a bird is we could have seen the 2 arms. Also what I like isthe 2 lines at the back they work very well out of alinment.

N4: waaaay too busy

N5: it could have been better if we could have seen the shadows, and also could have been more interesting. Gooosh the pole! look for better angles.

N6: I like this one as everything comes together, poeple at the back look a bit bored only.

N7: Much better, the only problem is that now the shadow is way too long. and the dude is almost showin his uuhmm underpands.

N8: I also like this one except for the following, the other scatboard next to him. and that pooooole and bottles.

hope this help.

cya

Ohhh by the way do not be affraid to get involve with your subject, if is going to improved your composition or whatever. Maybe you can ask the dude to jump againg this way or that way, also is always nice to tell that you are shooting for so or just for your website or something. and lastly do not forget to say thank you.

oooh get close! get involve!

cya

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post