Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Sky birds

I'm throwing one in from the touch line here and calling it 'BIG BIRD'.

She's a 1959/60 Gloster Javelin. Former front line UK defense in the old 'Cold War' days and was the predecessor to the English Electric Lightening or 'Frightening' as they were sometimes referred to.

Techie Stuff.

Nikon D300.
F/8.
200 sec.
ISO 200.
18mm.
Metering - Pattern.
Manual Exposure.

Nice. Try to give more space on front of the jet for a flow where it is heading Big Grin

PhotoPlay Photography
What we are is God's gift to us. What we become is our gift to God.
~Eleanor Powell

(Nov 21, 2013, 15:32)PhotoPlay Wrote:  Nice. Try to give more space on front of the jet for a flow where it is heading Big Grin

Thanks for the tip PhotoPlay. Unfortunately, the only thing she's heading for is a Gloucester Meteor about six feet out of shot to the left hand side behind which was the hanger!! Smile

Cheers.

Phil.

Then I would have moved round to the left to get a slightly more head on shot. It would have brought out the length of the nose and given the subject more depth, as well as giving you space around the sides. I might have tried dropping my point of view as well so I was slightly looking up at the aircraft. Would have looked more menacing and taken the wing above the horizon. It looks a bit lost there at the moment. Depends what you were trying to record, really.

What, something like this Dean?

Unfortunately she's just a shell now, and is usually 'gate guardian' at Gloucester Airport Staverton.

Or maybe this?

Bottom one has potential, others only have one wing, any more. Ed. (Ex RAF).

Yes, I think the second one is much better, but pity you lost the tip of the nose. A little bit further round and you would have captured the tip of the other wing as well. I will reverse everything I’ve said with the bottom one as I think that needs to be cropped hard in, even to the point of losing the wing tips, and clone out the chock. I expect the engines have been removed so no point in looking for the detail in the intakes. It was a beautiful aircraft. All just my opinion, of course.

How about this one of a MkII twin engined Gloster Meteor?

Oh, and there was nothing I could do about the background. It's a great big building and it's 'there' !! Angry

Or a different view from the right rear.

Or, what about a MKI ?

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post