Poll: Do you prefer portraits done in - You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Black and White (Monochrome)
33.33%
33.33%
Color
66.67%
66.67%
* You voted for this item. Show Results

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Skylar

I did this for a client, she wanted a shot of her daughter that was "timeless". Shot this in 2007 and just re-discovered it...

[Image: skylar.jpg]

I really like some shots in color and some in black and white. This is a great photo - I am drawn in by the little girl's thinking processes. Thanks for sharing!

Barbara - Life is what you make of it!

You managed to compose the shot really good, the lines found on the tree in the background directs attention to the child.
The only quirk I might find is that the depth of field doesn't cover her left shoe. I don't know if that's important though.
Waiting forward for your next one!

Just saw this post. Very sweet. I like it in b&w, keeps it simple and "timeless".

Thanks Brandy, her mom says the same thing.

I've found that the photos that reach me the most are monochromatic or nearly so and have very simple compositions. The same holds true for images that I've shot like this one, this style tends to be my favorite. In fact the only shot I've ever done in color that I'd include in my top ten list is of a little girl in a Kosovo refugee camp. Her blue eyes just pierce my soul.

http://www.eyesofman.org/index.php?optio...&Itemid=44

(Jan 16, 2013, 13:30)photokev Wrote:  In fact the only shot I've ever done in color that I'd include in my top ten list is of a little girl in a Kosovo refugee camp. Her blue eyes just pierce my soul.

http://www.eyesofman.org/index.php?optio...&Itemid=44
I loved looking at your portfolio. Very powerful and touching.

Thanks Brandy - I have a lot more shots I could put up there but after a while, too many faces just start to blur together...

In the next few months I'm being sent to Macedonia and Morocco. I'll post new portfolios from there