Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Peonies

We have some peonies in the garden this year.... They are so beautiful flowers, and I enjoy so much to see how they evolve till the become so big... Mine are as big as a big apple and smell so delicious!

Anyway, I cut some yesterday to work in a still life, as I was working with the vase, I got the idea of taking a picture just like this, and work a square format with some textures.

[Image: IMG_0524-Edit.jpg]

Hope you like it... Smile

A work of art which did not begin in emotion is not art.
Paul Cezanne

hey Irma,

the blue background makes a nice contrast with the flowers, and I love how you worked the pattern in.

really nice.
good light too!

Uli

I have not seen pink peonies before. Mine are deep dark red and about 20 - 24 cm dia.
I will have to try for a good photo.

Lumix LX5.
Canon 350 D.+ 18-55 Kit lens + Tamron 70-300 macro. + Canon 50mm f1.8 + Manfrotto tripod, in bag.

Thanks Uli, I also like the background... Smile

NT... When I arrived to Germany they were new flowers to me, as I never saw them in Mexico before. I like them a lot... I wait so much for them every year.. Last year I got only one flower, and this year I have more than ten!
I look forward to seeing your picture. I don't know the red ones, they must look really beautiful.

Paul Cezanne

When we plant them, or move them to another place it takes 5 years before the first flower.
Then they get more each year. Ours always seem to come out just before a heavy rainshower and the weight of water makes them droop.

Lumix LX5.
Canon 350 D.+ 18-55 Kit lens + Tamron 70-300 macro. + Canon 50mm f1.8 + Manfrotto tripod, in bag.

Interesting image with that background, I love roses, especially the way they smell in bloom. Wink

We don't make mistakes, We make discoveries!

NT...

I didn't know they take so many years to bloom! but it is worth the wait... they are so beautiful.

Thanks John for your comment! Smile

Paul Cezanne