Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Snapshots from my new toy :D

Started shooting film a week ago, and I have been loving it so much.

Here's a couple of snaps to share

Alleyway
[Image: 2577641590_104112a098.jpg]

London Court
[Image: 2576810331_c2b555e855.jpg]

Wedding Breakfast Reception
[Image: 2576849741_65d2905f2c.jpg]

film as in a roll of film?

how do you develop?

looks good!

Uli

Yes Big Grin Rolls of film Big GrinBig GrinBig Grin
I actually brought it to the shop to develop!

I want to try my own developing if I do black and white, but for now, for convenience, I'm shooting colour negatives and bringing it to the shop to develop-only, then I come home and scan it Big Grin

I'm glad you're happy.
I have tried and fiddled a little bit with film, but I was always disappointed with what I got back from the shop
and I don't have a scanner to scan dia slides. that would be really nice.

have fun!

uli

Congratulations Adam... Smile

I am very happy for you!

A work of art which did not begin in emotion is not art.
Paul Cezanne

I've been considering trying film again with my father's old Kodak Retinette IIb (German made with a Schneider 45mm lens).
Since I also don't have a scanner, I was wondering what kind of image files you receive from the local photo developers when you buy them on a CD instead of prints.
If they do decent scans in a large enough resolution, it should be an inexpensive way to try something new @ only $5 or so per CD/roll.

Anyone ever done this?

The first shot looks great and the soft roll off in the highlights in the background show off the benefits of film over digital.

Canon stuff.

Keith, I read a rating about commercial scannings in a photomagazin, and overall the critique was pretty bad.
I remember having to scan dia slides for scientific work, and we had an assistant specifically assigned to working out the best color setting etc.
but for $5 you might as well just go ahead and try them on a roll!
It's worth trying, maybe it opens a new alley.

Uli

You certainly look like a happ man (if that is you).

Nikon D3100 with Tokina 28-70mm f3.5, (I like to use a Vivitar .43x aux on the 28-70mm Tokina), Nikkor 10.5 mm fisheye, Quanteray 70-300mm f4.5, ProOptic 500 mm f6.3 mirror lens. http://donschaefferphoto.blogspot.com/

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post
Last Post by NT73
Oct 16, 2012, 07:29
Last Post by matthew
Jun 15, 2011, 18:10
Last Post by Irma
Jun 3, 2011, 07:14