Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Snow in bw.

Last year I started a series of images taken in the snow. They are not landscapes, but motifs? things I find in my way to the lake ... Last year I got 2 pictues, this year I got 4!! I am very happy... Smile

I hope you find them interesting.

[Image: IMG_3128-Edit.jpg]

[Image: IMG_3130-Edit-2.jpg]

[Image: IMG_3137.jpg]

[Image: IMG_3139.jpg]

Thanks for looking... Smile

A work of art which did not begin in emotion is not art.
Paul Cezanne

Great series - very minimal which I like. #4 is my fav although #1 is close behind...

Great series Irma, I wish I would remember to look for the smaller images instead of the big picture when i shoot... I very rarely remember to take detail shots.

#4 is my pick too.

Thanks Toad, Craig for your comment... Smile

Craig, this might be because your wide landscape is too beautiful. My landscape is boring, so I have to look for details. They change very fast, and there are many... Smile

Paul Cezanne

Hi Dear Irma, there is a lovely Zen touches in these photographs. Especially the first two are my best. In this plainness (is it the exact word, I am not sure, but I hope you can understand what I am trying to say) it stands gorgeous like all Zen poems or Haiku poems. I loved it dear Irma, you captured so nicely,

Thank you,
with my love,
nia

“There are no rules for good photographs, there are only good photographs.”

Ansel Adams

Inspirational.

Lumix LX5.
Canon 350 D.+ 18-55 Kit lens + Tamron 70-300 macro. + Canon 50mm f1.8 + Manfrotto tripod, in bag.

Thanks NT... you are very kind... Smile

Thanks nia... Smile

I really didn't think about working Zen photograpy here, but now that you mention it I have to say that I have been reading and watching videos of John Daido Loori Roshi ....

He was a photographer, and became Zen Master and the abbot of Zen Mountain Monastery in the Catskill Mountains of New York. There is a lot of material in video in internet and he wrote many books about Zen photography... As I have read The Zen of Creativity: Cultivating Your Artistic Life is one of his best books. Unfortunately what most people complain about many of his book is the poor quality of the print.

Paul Cezanne

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post
Last Post by TimmyNordel
Jan 19, 2018, 03:41