Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Soccer

I have a big soccer tournament to shoot next weekend , and went out to practice shooting this weekend . I thought i would share some shots and get some feedback on them . I am using my cheap 70-300 on these shots but will be using a 100-400 next weekend Big Grin.

1[Image: _MG_4910%20copy%202.jpg]

2 [Image: 28__MG_4975%20copy%202.jpg]

3 [Image: _MG_4858.jpg]

thanks for looking ........ Shawn

Canon 20d and a few cheap lenses ..

It is our job as photographers to show people what they saw but didnt realize they saw it ......

The best is the girls. Because they are coming towards you, they are sharper.
If they are going across the picture (as in #) then they may have motion blur and look a little soft.
Beware of the wires. And as for the exposures I reckon you are spot on.
Well done.

Lumix LX5.
Canon 350 D.+ 18-55 Kit lens + Tamron 70-300 macro. + Canon 50mm f1.8 + Manfrotto tripod, in bag.

Great captures Shawn... NT is right, the exposures are great... Smile

When I take pictures in the flight show with my 100-400 I always have iso800. A friend of mine tried it as well and he was happy with the result, the thing is that even when the shutter speed in some pictures might go up 1/2000sec you are safe when the picture is taken in a shady area. ISO 800 is not too harmful.

Edit!!
Forgot to say.... Good luck next weekend!! Smile

A work of art which did not begin in emotion is not art.
Paul Cezanne

Thanks NT and Irma ,

Yea i know the first is soft i am working on that LOL . I seem to rush my shot and i am " just " off the mark . And the power lines are a tough thing to avoid but i think i can this weekend .

Thanks Irma ill need the luck LOL ....... Shawn

It is our job as photographers to show people what they saw but didnt realize they saw it ......

BD they are good.
I only get reasonable shots when I take time to make the image, if you get my meaning.

Lumix LX5.
Canon 350 D.+ 18-55 Kit lens + Tamron 70-300 macro. + Canon 50mm f1.8 + Manfrotto tripod, in bag.

Thanks Nt again ..

Yea i think i get what you are saying .....

..... Shawn

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post
Last Post by vlad
Jan 4, 2013, 06:11
Last Post by Don Schaeffer
May 23, 2005, 13:13