Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Some Fogo Island Images

It has been cold for the past couple of days, but I managed to get out for a walkabout with my H50 anyway.

The first picture, showing two old fishing stages (where the catch of the day was processed and stored) was taken in the historic community of Tilting, one of the very first settlements in North America. I love the way the two wharves interconnect on the way to each stage.

The next two shots are of a very old boat laying in front of an abandoned homestead just a few steps from my home. I have always been meaning to take some pictures of it, but never seemed to get around to it, until today. (yes, in the second boat shot the horizon appears to be crooked, but that is the way it really appears; ie if I was to straighten it, the house would be falling over backwards!)

The last image is again from the town of Tilting, and shows more of the scenic red stages that are so common here on Fogo Island. You can see in the distance that the ocean is not completely frozen over, as it was last year.

Glen B.
Fogo Island, Newfoundland
www.focusonnewfoundland.com

[Image: DSC02747a.jpg]

[Image: DSC02832_fhdrb750pix.jpg]

[Image: DSC02823aa750pix.jpg]

[Image: DSC02732_fhdra750.jpg]

Lovely photos - make me wish I was there. Thanks

Pavel

Please see my photos at http://mullerpavel.smugmug.com (fewer, better image quality, not updated lately)
or at http://www.flickr.com/photos/pavel_photophile2008/ (all photos)

Cool shots of the frozen World, Love the mood too! Wink

John

We don't make mistakes, We make discoveries!

I am glad I am not there. Brrrrrrr. Well done that man for taking them. Smile

Lumix LX5.
Canon 350 D.+ 18-55 Kit lens + Tamron 70-300 macro. + Canon 50mm f1.8 + Manfrotto tripod, in bag.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post
Last Post by Don Schaeffer
Nov 3, 2016, 10:22