Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Some night time macro

Took these last night, using the close up lens attachment thing i already have.

[Image: DSC03895.jpg]

[Image: DSC03891.jpg]

[Image: DSC03885.jpg]

[Image: DSC03880.jpg]

[Image: DSC03877.jpg]

[Image: DSC03869.jpg]

Sony A700/ 16-80mm / 70-300mm / 11-18 mm / 100mm macro

My Flickr page

The spider shot is awesome, and I like the very exotic-looking flower emerging from the darkness.

"The camera is an instrument that teaches people how to see without a camera." ~ Dorothea Lange

Very nice picture RP... Smile
I like a lot the flower picture...
Did you take them with flash? What lens did you use?

A work of art which did not begin in emotion is not art.
Paul Cezanne

The spider shot is excellent.

Canon stuff.

Thanks everyone!

Irma: I used a flash with a stofen diffuser, angled slightly away from the subjects to give a softer light. The lens I used was just the standard sony 18-70mm zoom lens with a close-up filter/lens/thing. I shot at f22 to give the greater depth of field.

Aslo, in case anyone's wondering, it had just rained, i didn't use a spray bottle Smile

My Flickr page

I like the spider but the composition seems strange.
I also like the flower. The blackness makes it stand out.

Lumix LX5.
Canon 350 D.+ 18-55 Kit lens + Tamron 70-300 macro. + Canon 50mm f1.8 + Manfrotto tripod, in bag.

Yeah there it was hanging off a plant.

do you think i should try photoshopping out the stem in the background?

My Flickr page

I think you could do a crop like this... and avoid the cloning task... Smile

[Image: DSC03891.jpg]

Paul Cezanne

Wow, very nice. The spider is quite remarkable.

matthewpiers.com • @matthewpiers | robertsonphoto.blogspot.com | @thewsreviews • thewsreviews.com

nice job on the first one, I really like the flower

oh... and the spider too

Rabid, could you explain what your "Macro thingy" is, or at least where it attaches. I have some macro filters which are fun, but have an extremely limited DOF and I believe introduce a lot of distortion. But for 70 USD on a college budget they made me happy. But I'd like to upgrade now, though a out and out macro lense is still too expensive. So, just wanted to know what you used.

DJ Time ago I posted some pictures I took with a macro adapter too... This is different from what RP has but still you can get nice macro pictures for 40 euros.

http://www.shuttertalk.com/forums/viewtopic.php?id=7427

Paul Cezanne

Nice work Cameron, the spider is my favourite...I like the rain on the leaves as well.

Success is the ability to go from one failure to another with no loss of enthusiasm.
Winston Churchill

thanks!

My Flickr page

DJ1234 Wrote:Rabid, could you explain what your "Macro thingy" is, or at least where it attaches. I have some macro filters which are fun, but have an extremely limited DOF and I believe introduce a lot of distortion. But for 70 USD on a college budget they made me happy. But I'd like to upgrade now, though a out and out macro lense is still too expensive. So, just wanted to know what you used.
It's basically like a polarising or UV filter, or any other kind of filter, in that it screws onto the front of the lens, except instead it changes the focus of the camera to a lot closer.

http://www.alanwood.net/photography/clos...enses.html

My Flickr page

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post
Last Post by GrahamS
Feb 10, 2017, 17:01