Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Some of my guitars

Here are some of my guitars.

Two home built guitars. Top: Coffee and Créme, Bottom: Heartbreaker.

Used for parts.

After buying the red one I went back for seconds.

My first self build. Blondie.

Ask yourself, "What's most important for the final image?".

I have 100 Guitars, all in here!! Ed.

Attached Files Image(s)

To each his own!

Certainly take up a lot less room!

Have a suspicion that I won't play them as well as yourself, and Phil! Merry Xmas. Ed.

To each his own!

This is the oldest guitar in my current collection. It is a 1985 Gordon-Smith Gypsy II. Nice guitar but very seldom played.

Nikon D80 1/60 sec, f5.6, ISO 250, Onboard flash.

(Dec 10, 2015, 04:10)Jocko Wrote:  This is the oldest guitar in my current collection. It is a 1985 Gordon-Smith Gypsy II. Nice guitar but very seldom played.

Nikon D80 1/60 sec, f5.6, ISO 250, Onboard flash.

A beautiful guitar John. Take her out and play, give her some breathing space. It can't be nice being locked in a case when you were made to be played!! Besides which, she's a bit of a rare bird from Gordon-Smith.

Regards.

Phil.

My guitar collection is in the spare room (once the "Music Room"). Now it is just, "The Gloryhole". The problem is, all the guitars in cases make an ideal platform for storing stuff on top of. Even in the lounge, I always had a guitar out on a stand. Then last year we fell heir to a cat. So rather than the cat using my pride and joy as a scratching post, the guitar went in its case. See the problem. Here is a picture of the "Music Room", from happier times.

(Dec 10, 2015, 08:17)Jocko Wrote:  My guitar collection is in the spare room (once the "Music Room"). Now it is just, "The Gloryhole". The problem is, all the guitars in cases make an ideal platform for storing stuff on top of. Even in the lounge, I always had a guitar out on a stand. Then last year we fell heir to a cat. So rather than the cat using my pride and joy as a scratching post, the guitar went in its case. See the problem. Here is a picture of the "Music Room", from happier times.

Hi John,

I'm pleased to see a few 'Squiers' in your collection. In my opinion they are a very underrated guitar. I also have a couple which are my fall back instruments if a string breaks, but , they could easily be my main ones in terms of 'playability and tone'. Is that a Gibbo '335' I see lurking in the background?

Regards.

Phil.

The red Squier I bought new, in 1995, and it is still in mint condition. Set up, there is nothing to beat a Squier for value for money. The sunburst Squier, with the white pups was my first "hotrod". I bought it, with amp, for £50 and it was my "apprentice piece". The other Squier was an unwanted radio phone in prize, which I bought cheap, and along with everything else I did to it, I fitted stacked humbuckers. Both were passed on to my grandsons, during one of my purges. The Stagg and the Peavey bass were picked up in Cash Generator, for silly money. The "335" is an Aria TA-50. The acoustics were all given away to make room for my Larrivée. The blue Tele/Strat I gave to my ex-manager, when I retired. I used to have it at work so I could play at lunchtime, and he had always admired it. The amps are a Vox AD30VT and a Stagg bass amp.

Wow, those are amazing.