Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Sometimes you nail it :)

This was shot in the South West corner of Western Australia. When we were approaching the location my jaw dropped as I saw the sky. I realised we had about 15 to 20 minutes to use the light.

Had the bride clambering over rocks everywhere in her high heels Smile

This was almost the last shot before we went back to the reception.

Shot on my 35 L prime at f7.1 and 125th sec at ISO 800.

I realise the composition is fairly centred - but was shot so as to be cropped in various ways later.

Attached Files Image(s)

Canon stuff.

Wonderful shot... and centered works here for me, the sun falls right where it should... of course the bride and groom might think they are the center of attention and should be there :p

Lovely. Can't argue with that one. Sometimes you get lucky with timing. Recognizing it and capitalizing on it is the trick. You have certainly nailed it here.

That is memorable! I can see it hanging forever in the main social room.

Nikon D3100 with Tokina 28-70mm f3.5, (I like to use a Vivitar .43x aux on the 28-70mm Tokina), Nikkor 10.5 mm fisheye, Quanteray 70-300mm f4.5, ProOptic 500 mm f6.3 mirror lens. http://donschaefferphoto.blogspot.com/

dramatic image, for sure. a bit lighter touch on the HDR wouldn't hurt, but it's a striking image as it is.

~ Rocky
Any camera will record what you see, but YOU have to SEE!
Canon 5D & 40D; Canon 100-400L, Tamron SP17-35 and SP24-135
www.northwestnaturalimagery.com

Thanks guys.

Squirl033 - this is a single image with a little dodging and burning and a grad filter to the sky.

Cheers,

Chris

Canon stuff.

Beautiful colour casts, and a great image.

Lumix LX5.
Canon 350 D.+ 18-55 Kit lens + Tamron 70-300 macro. + Canon 50mm f1.8 + Manfrotto tripod, in bag.

That is amazing Chris... picking my jaw off the floor now. Big Grin

Perfect combination of the beautiful sky and light, crashing waves, lovely bridge and couple... just WOW.

Wow. That's just ridiculously good. And the 1600px image just keeps going and going… amazing. I don't think I'd even have been able to function or put a coherent thought together under those conditions. Exceptional.

matthewpiers.com • @matthewpiers | robertsonphoto.blogspot.com | @thewsreviews • thewsreviews.com

Thanks guys. Matt - it was so funny trying to get the bride to climb up all these rocks and stuff so I could get crashing surf behind them. All the time knowing the light would go any moment. She was a trooper.

Canon stuff.

One from about 15 mins before the first shot shown in the thread to show you what I forced the bride to climb around on in her high heels.

Canon stuff.

That rock looks a bit wet too! You monster!! Big Grin

LOL - spray was flying everywhere - but that is actually how the rock was coloured. Pretty sure it was dry.

During the bridge shot I was nearly swamped by water when I shot it from the other side. People have actually died in the area - Canal Rocks.

Canon stuff.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post
Last Post by Don Schaeffer
Mar 13, 2009, 07:06