Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Spanish Point

Your work is much improved. The only issue I have with this shot is it was taken on a sunny, warm, Bermuda day (maybe not warm by Bermuda standards but I am sitting here waiting for the snow to start. So, believe me - it was warm), however it doesn't look it. A bit of brightening up, and a little added Warmth helps lift the image.

Actually, now I see the image uploaded to forum I seem to have given the clouds a magenta cast, so I would need to sort that.

Ask yourself, "What's most important for the final image?".

That's better.

In principle I agree with John - the tonality of the image (like several others you have posted) seems much too cold (blue). This one is also quite under-exposed, which adds to the effect of it not looking like a sunny day. It is a mystery to me why the images are like this (there seem to be no clues in the files' EXIF data), unless it might be something done by the raw conversion software. It makes me wonder what the same scenes would look like as unedited JPEGs, shot with the same lens and camera in either Auto or Program Mode.

Cheers.
Philip

As I, and P/S see it. Ed.

Attached Files Image(s)

To each his own!

It was overcast that day with some breaks in clouds here and there.I did use a polarizer filter...Wes

The shadows beneath the boats show there was still enough sun for us here in the UK to consider it a "Sunny Day"!

Again I agree with John. Even though the first posted image is too blue and too dark, there is plenty of evidence that the scene was brightly lit and probably sunlit - the fluffy white clouds (unless clouds really are blue there), the extensive area of clear sky, the shadows to which John refers, the highlights on the tops of the majority of the boats, and the illuminated sand below the water; plus EXIF shows a capture time of 1453.

Moderator Barbara's Guidelines: http://www.shuttertalk.com/forums/Thread...6#pid99066

When trying to be helpful regarding a photo posted for critique, I spend quite some time working with the image before posting comments. Quite frankly, I'm beginning to tire of having to attempt a Sherlock Holmes style analysis just because important useful information has not been supplied with the image.

Cheers.
Philip

I use manual mode f25,1/50s,iso-100,length 20mm,camera Nikon D3300,lens 18-55,polarizer ...Thanks for comments...Wes

Wes, any reason why Manual mode, and f25, shutter speed a bit slow, to me. Cheers. Ed.

To each his own!

Oh what happen there i was shooting water movements and i forgot to change speed for that shot.

The F stop was at f25 to slow the speed down for the water flow shot,don't have any nd filters yet,just playing around with camera that day...Wes

Wes, try using all the camera settings, Auto, Prog, Landscape etc, Exif will tell you which is which, evaluate from there. Ed.

To each his own!

Thanks Ed. I will...Wes

(Apr 29, 2016, 16:01)EdMak Wrote:  Wes, try using all the camera settings, Auto, Prog, Landscape etc, Exif will tell you which is which, evaluate from there. Ed.

...and set your image capture to Raw + JPEG, to see what the JPEGs from the camera look like.

Cheers.
Philip

Post your findings. Ed.

To each his own!

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post
Last Post by EdMak
Apr 10, 2016, 03:17