Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Sphinx Moth Caterpillar

Two from my front porch with hand-held flash, and the 3rd photo was done indoors using a slave flash on a stand.

[Image: kak.caterpillar1.jpg]

[Image: kak.caterpillar2.jpg]

[Image: kak.caterpillar3.jpg]

No light modifiers, since a bare flash looks like a large source to such a small subject.

Very beautiful caterpillar Keith... The color is beautiful, and the detail too... All are great but the second one is my fav from this series.... Smile

A work of art which did not begin in emotion is not art.
Paul Cezanne

Very nice shots !

.... Shawn

Canon 20d and a few cheap lenses ..

It is our job as photographers to show people what they saw but didnt realize they saw it ......

I love that third shot Keith - the blue background works well with the green.

Canon stuff.

Thanks.
WS--glad you agree with me about the blue background.
My girlfriend helped me pick it, but interestingly a guy on another forum said I should have used red since it's the complementary color to green according to his color wheel.

If I had to select colors that way, I would give up photography since you never know what colors will be found together when you step outside of the studio. Smile

KeithAlanK Wrote:a guy on another forum said I should have used red since it's the complementary color to green according to his color wheel.
If he's also checking out the values with a grey card, move on. Big Grin

Your (plural) instincts are good, the cool blue background compliments the green. Red might have made the green pop more, but I'm not sure anyone wants to see photos of caterpillars popping.

matthewpiers.com • @matthewpiers | robertsonphoto.blogspot.com | @thewsreviews • thewsreviews.com

Big GrinBig GrinBig Grin

Great photo, makes me squirm - I hate creepy crawly things Smile

Cheers,
Pat
Canon 400D plus assorted lenses

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post
Last Post by Vanisle John
Nov 5, 2015, 15:47
Last Post by Freeman
Apr 27, 2015, 03:53
Last Post by mchroust