Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Spring is here

I think these are called Purple Magnolias , but i could me wrong .
I have a girl that is wanting 12 different kinds of flowers , with 12 different colors and thought i would start with purple . Please tell me what you think about these shots . Thanks in advance ...

1 [Image: flower003%20copy.jpg]

2 [Image: flower004%20copy.jpg]

3 [Image: flower005%20copy.jpg]

Thanks .......... Shawn

Canon 20d and a few cheap lenses ..

It is our job as photographers to show people what they saw but didnt realize they saw it ......

#1 looks nice , A different angle to the usual.
I am not keen on the other two though others may disagree.
Maybe a bit soft and a bit central.

Lumix LX5.
Canon 350 D.+ 18-55 Kit lens + Tamron 70-300 macro. + Canon 50mm f1.8 + Manfrotto tripod, in bag.

Thanks Nt . #1 is my fav too ,

........ Shawn

It is our job as photographers to show people what they saw but didnt realize they saw it ......

I sometimes lie on a dustbin liner and take them from underneath. The flowers that is.Big Grin

Lumix LX5.
Canon 350 D.+ 18-55 Kit lens + Tamron 70-300 macro. + Canon 50mm f1.8 + Manfrotto tripod, in bag.

#1 does if for me too Smile

Cheers,
Pat
Canon 400D plus assorted lenses

nice! magnolia? I agree with the others in that no 1 is definitely my fav. The colors are nice, the background offers a nicer contrast with the purple of the flower than the grey in 2 and 3. Overall I would work on the luminance and saturation of colors in 2 and 3. Are you shooting raw?

Yes #1 is my favourite as well....I like the DOF

Spring??? It's the start of Autumn Big Grin

Success is the ability to go from one failure to another with no loss of enthusiasm.
Winston Churchill

I think you did a great work with this series, this color is very difficult to get right, the light is great in your pictures.

#1 is beautiful because of the contrasting color you have in the background and beautiful bokeh as well, the composition is also very nice.

A work of art which did not begin in emotion is not art.
Paul Cezanne

Thanks Yall ,

Uli , i normally shoot RAW but this time i didnt but i did shoot in M Big Grin , long story short i was out looking for some sports to shoot couldnt find any but i saw these LOL . And yes they are a different type of magnolia but i cant remember what type .

Autumn Abree i feel sorry for you LOL , i am so tired of the cold yesterday was such a nice day i had to go sit in the yard and take in some of the suns rays LOL ...

Thanks Irma , that means alot to me coming from you the Queen of flowers LOL ....

.......... Shawn

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post
Last Post by EnglishBob
Jun 13, 2017, 01:29
Last Post by RobertMurariu
Apr 11, 2017, 09:25