Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Squirrel..

First time I have seen what appears to be a squirrel here in Alberta that is not either black or black and grey... Spotted this little curious guy in a tree not 8 feet away...

All shots taken on Canon 1D MklV, Canon ef70-200mm f2.8L IS Mkll @ 200mm, f2.8 at 1/200th sec.

Any comment or critique... Smile

Kind regards

Rolf

In photography, the smallest thing can be a great subject. The little human detail can become a leitmotiv.

—Henri Cartier-Bresson

Excellent collection of images. Not quite as red as a red squirrel. I am no expert on squirrel species though.
John.

Ask yourself, "What's most important for the final image?".

Great images. Maybe the grey and red squirrel got together one night Smile
Regards Jane

(Nov 18, 2015, 03:14)snaphappy Wrote:  Great images. Maybe the grey and red squirrel got together one night Smile
Regards Jane
LOL! Does that mean I get to name a new subspecies? Thank you for your kind remark.

Kind regards

Rolf

In photography, the smallest thing can be a great subject. The little human detail can become a leitmotiv.

—Henri Cartier-Bresson

(Nov 18, 2015, 01:53)Jocko Wrote:  Excellent collection of images. Not quite as red as a red squirrel. I am no expert on squirrel species though.
John.
Thank you Jocko.. The reddish aspects only became noticeable on screen... just looked like the usual grey when I saw it. I am no expert either so the colouration was a surprise.

Kind regards

Rolf

—Henri Cartier-Bresson

There you go making me want that 70-200 again...... Great series.

Excellent Rolf, the first has more potential, have you tried any editing, again, super. Ed.

To each his own!

(Nov 18, 2015, 18:15)EnglishBob Wrote:  There you go making me want that 70-200 again...... Great series.

How many more times... Smile

Thank you though...

Kind regards

Rolf

—Henri Cartier-Bresson

(Nov 19, 2015, 02:23)EdMak Wrote:  Excellent Rolf, the first has more potential, have you tried any editing, again, super. Ed.

Thanks Ed! Appreciate the comment... no not tried editing (try to avoid if possible) other than a tidy up of edges crop... feel free to play... :-)

Kind regards

Rolf

—Henri Cartier-Bresson

Thanks Rolf, memo, this was from a 242Kb File, courtesy of Photoshop. Ed.

Attached Files Image(s)

To each his own!

Some first class captures there Rolf. As usual Ed has performed his brand of magic and improved that which I thought to be perfect!! Smile

As to the subject matter. I have what seems to be, an extended family of squirrels living in a couple of trees at the bottom of my garden. That's right, 'not fairies', 'squirrels'. Many of these seem to be 'mixed race' as some have all red bodies and some have grey, others have grey bodies with red tails and others red bodies and grey tails. So, as Jane has suggested, these squirrels seem to have been having a wonderful time making whoopee with all and sundry. 'Lucky little sods'!!

Best regards.

Phil

Great captures Rolf. I think the first one could do with a crop, e.g. square:

(Hope you don't mind this here.)

Cheers.
Philip

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post