Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Still having fun with my Sony! - Fogo Island

I am getting more and more familiar with my A200 and the kit lens. I bought the new camera a few months ago, but due to my health troubles, and not the greatest weather this summer, I have not had many opportunities to use it. But today was a beautiful warm day, and I decided to go exploring for a few hours. It gave me a chance to experiment a bit with all of my lenses, which include three Minolta Maxxums and the Sony kit lens. (18-70mm) All three photographs in this thread were taken with the Sony lens.

The first shot is beautiful Sandy Cove Beach. The second one shows the uninhabited Fogo Island shoreline near the historic town of Tilting, and the old stick fencing that is so common in this area. The third shot is of one of the 500+ caribou that inhabit our island. I think their faces look very much like a cow. These critters will turn pure white in the winter.

I encourage everyone who has this kit lens, but has not been using it because they believed its IQ to be substandard, to dig it back out of the closet and give it a try. Once you have spent some time with it I don't think you will be disappointed with the results.

Glen
http://www.focusonnewfoundland.com

[Image: DSC01368aforum3.jpg]

[Image: DSC01400aforum3.jpg]

[Image: DSC01440aforum3.jpg]

Very nice shots, the stag is particularly dramatic

Cheers
David

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post