Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Still working in this post processing.

I have been working with photoshop to get some kind of post processing I have seen in some pictures. I started with a basket with apples and now I worked with this landscape.

Here is my try.I worked with the original image, one picture of a wrinkled paper and another one of a sheet of paper I soak in water and then dryed and they add some stains of very strong instant coffee.

Thanks so much for your comments or advice about this work.

[Image: IMG_0491-01text.jpg]

A work of art which did not begin in emotion is not art.
Paul Cezanne

I love it.

I instantly wanted to turn it over and see where the postmark said it was from.

Nikon F55, Pentax K100D, Panasonic Lumix FZ20, Olympus OM1.
Darkroom Dweller.

Fantastic Irma - I love it.

Canon stuff.

Thanks so much for your comments my friends.

You really made my day!! Smile

Paul Cezanne

Looks cool Irma. A way of making paper look old is to soak it in tea.

Sit, stay, ok, hold it! Awww, no drooling! :O
My flickr images

wow that is pretty neat.

It is an exceptional idea Irma and it looks really good .
My one dislike is the dark shadow on the right below the castle. It looks like a tree shadow but no tree. I realize it is supposed to be a coffee spill but it comes over too dark.
Just my opinion.Smile

Lumix LX5.
Canon 350 D.+ 18-55 Kit lens + Tamron 70-300 macro. + Canon 50mm f1.8 + Manfrotto tripod, in bag.

Fantastic. I'd love to see a print - on matte paper, of course.

matthewpiers.com • @matthewpiers | robertsonphoto.blogspot.com | @thewsreviews • thewsreviews.com

Awesome idea Irma... they should make this into a photoshop filter! Big Grin

I think the texture and stains really adds character... I'd love to see more examples!! Big Grin

Just a query - did you stain the paper, then print on top, or the other way round? Or did you take a photo of the paper, then blend with your image using photoshop? Big Grin

Thanks so much for your kind comments. I feel really motivated Smile

Petographer: I went already to the stationery and bought some decorated sheets of paper, neutral color so you may change the color you need with color balance or gradient map. I will work with black tea as well... Smile

NT about the spot you mentioned, I noticed that. I thought I should do another when the stain would be so big and better balanced, working on that too already... Smile

Terri, Matt: Thanks so much. Great idea about the matte paper for the print... Wink

Jules, I am happy you like this work.

I took pictures of the textures I wanted to have in the picture and blent them merged and applied noise.

Here is the same image without stains and a bit desaturated, it was the step before I added the stains picture.

[Image: IMG_0491-01noisy.jpg]

Going to the other side and trying to make a cold version of the same picture I got this. I like to think that you can work with an image to get different moods.

[Image: IMG_0491-01pastel.jpg]

Thanks again Smile

Paul Cezanne

hi Irma, great shots your pp is very interesting. I really like the effect. thanks for sharing, keeps the idea's coming. The cold version gets me in as well! Smile

Irma, the stains were OK. I just thought the bottom one was a bit dark.
If you like them leave them on.Wink

Lumix LX5.
Canon 350 D.+ 18-55 Kit lens + Tamron 70-300 macro. + Canon 50mm f1.8 + Manfrotto tripod, in bag.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post
Last Post by snaphappy
Apr 11, 2017, 08:11