Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Stockholm

Had the day off, and had to visit Nikon for some equipment cleaning. Didnt take to long, so i figured id take some time to walk around in stockholm city.

Here are some shots from today.

Taken with the d2x+17-35/2,8 (except for the car shot)

Land/cityscape has never been my strong side, so feel free to critque. (I fear compositon is high on the list Tongue)

[Image: city_1.jpg]

[Image: city_2.jpg]

[Image: city_3.jpg]

[Image: city_4.jpg]

[Image: city_5.jpg]

[Image: city_6.jpg]

[Image: city_7.jpg]

Strives to make photos instead of taking them...

Your pictures are great Paul. Stockholm is a beautiful city.

I love the first one. I think it is impressive to see that station with that magnitude... I love to see the picture taken from an upper lever. It looks nice and the lines work great... I think this kind of pictures works best when they are perfectly symmetrycal or totally out off center and taking one line and work a diagonal.... I am starting playing with this kind of photography as well, so I might be wrong.

I like also the car picture, the reflection and your pp is really nice... The contrast light and dark in the backgroud is lovely...

One thing I have read about this kind of photography is that some times is best just to focus in a detail of a building. It gives more a detail of the window, or in a corner or a door, it is more significant and has a lot of impact in the viewer. I see it as taking a macro of a building Wink

All in all, they are very nice pictures and it is always a pleasure to see other cities and their architecture.

Thanks a lot for sharing... Smile

A work of art which did not begin in emotion is not art.
Paul Cezanne

Great photos Paul, your railway terminal not unlike our Sydney one - I like seeing the architecture of overseas cities, especially the ones I am unlikely to ever see Smile

Cheers,
Pat
Canon 400D plus assorted lenses

g'day Paul,

#1 would be a stand out for me.......I have not shot much of this type pic so I can't offer any critque :/

good series........

Thanx Everyone!

Irma thanx for the tip/advice much appreciated.

1# printed quite nicely.

Next time ill bring a tripod and will time the sunrise/sundown.

Thanx for looking.

/Paul L.

#1 is superb - like a Bertollini movie...

Thanx Rob!

I printed it A3+ and it came out great.
Thanx for looking.