Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Storm Over Millerton

Was out shooting at a nearby lake this afternoon as a storm was dissipating.

7D MkII, ISO 100, F6.3, 16mm, 3 image HDR composite.

[Image: millerton-16bit-001-1024.jpg]

A really good shot! I took a copy and cropped about half the dark part of the sky... made a difference try it and see what you think? It's good enough for me anyway. A large print would look good in a public building relative to the area.

Thanks for the share

Kind regards

Rolf

In photography, the smallest thing can be a great subject. The little human detail can become a leitmotiv.

—Henri Cartier-Bresson

I love your picture, I hope to be that good one day
Regards
Wendy

Haunting. Ed.

To each his own!

Terrific photo. I love the overall feel and clarity of the picture and especially the yellow green orange colours in the sky, the delightful light play on the water, and the fine detail of the orange flowers in the bottom left hand corner. Love it! Jeff

This is a good composition, Craig, the brightening distant sky giving the feeling of relief from the menacing heavy clouds above. The sky colours are great, and it would be nice to see more colour in the foreground - I would increase the saturation of the bottom half of the image and decrease the brightness there slightly. Just my opinions, of course.

Cheers.
Philip

Thanks for all the comments and critique.

Went back and reworked the image from the start:

Improvement, to me. Ed.

To each his own!

That's wonderful!

Cheers.
Philip

The other thing I did while reworking it was remove the annoying piece of foliage on the upper left side.

Had this entered in the April Camera Club competition and took image of the month with it Smile

Congratulations! - It is a wonderful photo.

Cheers.
Philip

Deserved. Ed.

To each his own!

Thanks Guys Smile

What a stunning view.
I like the re-worked one especially that little gulley running down the centre.
Tell me, Is the 7D MK11 worth getting? I want to upgrade from my 650D

Canon EOS 650D with 18-55 kit lens/ 75-300 zoom/ 100-400 zoom
https://www.flickr.com/photos/125137869@N08/

I was using a 50D prior and was very happy with it... I have hardly used it since I got the 7Dmkii. The improvement is astounding. Lightning fast focusing with a lens that was marginal on the 50D. ISO that is very usable at even 6400, I rarely shot above 400 with the 50D.

Gorgeous shot! Simply amazing!

This image was just accepted into the Sydney Harbour International Exhibition, they only accepted around a third of those images entered..

A worthy entry... congrats... let us know how it fairs?

Kind regards

Rolf

In photography, the smallest thing can be a great subject. The little human detail can become a leitmotiv.

—Henri Cartier-Bresson

Just took first place in the Photographic Society of America's Council Challenge Color Division. Means it will be published in their Monthly publication later in the year Smile

Well done, Craig! Smile

Cheers.
Philip

Excellent news, Craig, that is a masterly image. Regards, Jeff

Get's better and better, Congrats. Ed.

To each his own!

Congratulations Craig. Justly deserved success for you. An Ansel Adams type feel to it, but in colour!!

Regards.

Phil.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post
Last Post by WesMal
Nov 21, 2016, 14:43