Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Straight from the shell

I grabbed this snap of a fledgling bullfinch in the Upton Warren wildlife reserve. It appealed to me because it seems to be straight from the eggshell and all raw and out of proportion.

Attached Files Image(s)

Think it's a bit older than a fresh-from-the-shell fledgeling but even so makes a really good pic...for some reason, though, I fond that background obtrusive, but I can't put my finger on just why - if I can work it out, I'll let you know Smile

Vic I will be interested know your thoughts....

Very cool shot! Great job!

Vic, is it because the white above the head, merges with the white Forum background, confusing the eyes, not holding the picture in, as there is no continuous "Frame". Cheers. Ed.

To each his own!

Thanks, Ed - on reflection, that's what it is - and on repeat viewings, my eyes seemed to learn to ignore it so it's much less obtrusive...and the pic gets even better Smile

Great comments - thanks - Ed - what would you do to smarten this background up? Regards Jeff

(Jul 4, 2014, 15:14)Freeman Wrote:  Great comments - thanks - Ed - what would you do to smarten this background up? Regards Jeff

?????? Ed.

Attached Files Image(s)

To each his own!

(Jul 4, 2014, 16:01)EdMak Wrote:  [quote='Freeman' pid='96016' dateline='1404508493']
Great comments - thanks - Ed - what would you do to smarten this background up? Regards Jeff

?????? Ed.

Goodness, thanks, Ed, you have done a few things there - including evaporating some of the background and lifting colour. A bit undecided really about the background but I guess that's personal taste! The colour lift is pleasing because it is if anything closer to the true colour, at least of an adult bullfinch. Have you put a dent in the top of its head though? Many thanks! Jeff

A dent is being polite!! Working on a Laptop, and a touchpad, is a bad combination, stupidity comes into it also. Still on the Laptop, another. Working from a small file size does not help. Cheers. Ed.

Attached Files Image(s)

To each his own!

Too bad you cut off one leg.

Nikon D3100 with Tokina 28-70mm f3.5, (I like to use a Vivitar .43x aux on the 28-70mm Tokina), Nikkor 10.5 mm fisheye, Quanteray 70-300mm f4.5, ProOptic 500 mm f6.3 mirror lens. http://donschaefferphoto.blogspot.com/

(Jul 7, 2014, 16:48)Don Schaeffer Wrote:  Too bad you cut off one leg.

All in the interests of creativity, Don!

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post