Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Street Life

I will never be a great street photographer like Don S. and some others here - I am too self conscious about taking pictures of people. Here are a few attempts from my recent trip. All were taken in Marrakech.

A young mother brings her child home from school.

[Image: Family%20Arch.jpg]

Afternoon winds toward evening in the Medina.

[Image: Street%20Life.jpg]

A slow night for this vendor in the Djemaa el Fna square.

[Image: Slow%20Night.jpg]

Guys like this look dangerous at night, but I never felt at risk once in the dark and winding streets of the Medina. Moroccans are friendly and helpful and sincerely believe in hospitality to strangers.

[Image: On%20the%20Corner.jpg]

Pouring rain in the Souks of Marakech.

[Image: Rain%20in%20the%20Souks.jpg]

Well I think they're wonderful. I'm a great fan of street photography. I reckon you've captured the general feeling and atmosphere very well. I especially like the first one.

>

>

Maybe you and Don could meet up and persuade him to take you on a photographic safari on a Winnipeg bus. I'll remember Don's bus shots and that spoil-sport supervisor until my dying day. Big Grin
I recently bought a small Leica p/s specifically for street shots. I haven't had the opportunity (or the nerve) to use it on the street yet though. The UK laws on public photography are tightening up further and further atm - though Press Photographers and others + the Police Federqation are working together towards an acceptable Code of Practice.

Pol

Polly Wrote:Maybe you and Don could meet up and persuade him to take you on a photographic safari on a Winnipeg bus. I'll remember Don's bus shots and that spoil-sport supervisor until my dying day. Big Grin
I recently bought a small Leica p/s specifically for street shots. I haven't had the opportunity (or the nerve) to use it on the street yet though. The UK laws on public photography are tightening up further and further atm - though Press Photographers and others + the Police Federqation are working together towards an acceptable Code of Practice.

Pol
Thanks Pol! My son recently bought a Leica D-Lux 4. It looks like a great camera and should be just what the doctor ordered for street photos...

Number 2 is really special Toad - The figure in blue contrasts very nicely with the rest of the scene.

Canon stuff.

Rob,

Long time no talk! WOW! Love #2. You nailed the exposure. Love how you captured the light.

JT

Nos an modica tantum nostri somnium
"We are limited only by our imagination"

Hey Jericho - good to see you around.

Canon stuff.

These shots are ravishingly beautiful. No dirty bus window filter either. I really enjoyed them.

Nikon D3100 with Tokina 28-70mm f3.5, (I like to use a Vivitar .43x aux on the 28-70mm Tokina), Nikkor 10.5 mm fisheye, Quanteray 70-300mm f4.5, ProOptic 500 mm f6.3 mirror lens. http://donschaefferphoto.blogspot.com/

Hey Rob, nice pics! I can't believe I missed these first time round.

I agree with Jerry - #2 is my favourite for exposure and mood. The diagonal lines of light add great interest to the image.

Thanks for sharing! Big Grin

Thanks guys for the words. Great to see you again, Jerry!

Greetings Rob and Chris!

By the looks of things you two have been up to some fantastic stuff!!

Jerry

Nos an modica tantum nostri somnium
"We are limited only by our imagination"

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post