Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average

Street Photography

I would allow it, yes. It has street context, there are people in the background, I wonder what the finger is pointing at?

GrahamS
Take my advice.  I'm not using it.Wink

Not sure if you will like this but I did! I've called it the customer reflects. I think it classifies as street....Regards all, Jeff

Attached Files Image(s)

I like, I like! And yes, I would say it's street.

GrahamS

This image gained me first place in Falmouth camera Club Street Photography Comp this year.

A deserving winner, Dean. There's a whole raft of questions there. Is it too hot to sleep inside? Has she been evicted by her boyfriend? Is that a nest for two people or only one? How high up is the landing?

GrahamS

look again, Graham. How many are there in the photo?

Well done in the competition, Dean. It is a great shot, partly because it's so unusual. I would guess that no-one else entered a photograph of a vertical street! Smile

Cheers.
Philip

Great image, Dean.

Ask yourself, "What's most important for the final image?".

Well done! Great picture. Including the ladders adds a real extra dimension on top of the intrigue of the characters. The ethereal character of the lady in white is interesting compared with the contrast of the dark companion. Is that original or editing? Regards, Jeff

(Mar 9, 2016, 16:04)Freeman Wrote:  Well done! Great picture. Including the ladders adds a real extra dimension on top of the intrigue of the characters. The ethereal character of the lady in white is interesting compared with the contrast of the dark companion. Is that original or editing? Regards, Jeff

Thanks, Jeff. Minimal editing. Just cropped, levels and contrast adjestments.

Cracker Dean, great to see you posting again. Cheers. Ed.

To each his own!

[Image: xe5Noph.jpg]

Good shot, "Caveman". I would have composed a little more on the left and less on the right to place the musician not so central. Please go to your profile and make a signature with your real name. We like to be able to address you in a more friendly way.

GrahamS

(Mar 14, 2016, 11:43)GrahamS Wrote:  Good shot, "Caveman". I would have composed a little more on the left and less on the right to place the musician not so central. Please go to your profile and make a signature with your real name. We like to be able to address you in a more friendly way.

Hi Graham,names JohnSmile

SmileJohn

Hi all

I'd like to think these count as 'street'. What do you think? I thought they were fun!

Regards

Jeff

Attached Files Image(s)

Nice set FreemanSmile

SmileJohn

Jeff, your skill is evident, as usual. Nice compositions, great colour and the exposures are spot on. However, in my humble opinion, the 1st and 3rd shots are environmental portraits, but portraits nonetheless. In both cases there is direct engagement with the camera. I have seen winners of the Taylor-Wessing portrait competition that I like much less than these.

Nos 2 & 4 are definately "street." If I ever travel to India? I will be very happy to come home with images like these. Bravo!

GrahamS

Hi Caveman, glad you like the pictures and

Hi Graham, your positive if humble opinion is my ambition when it comes to street cred. Very much appreciate your thoughts and happy to agree. I looked up the T-W portrait competition and was thrilled with lots of the shots there. I must say this short India series always makes me smile when I look them. I was wondering whether to enter them for the Worcestershire CC annual show (which appears to be a competition by another name but you are allowed to enter ten images and judging is done in advance rather than on the night).

Regards, Jeff

Market day in my Town.

(Mar 20, 2016, 15:03)Freeman Wrote:  Hi Caveman, glad you like the pictures and

Hi Graham, your positive if humble opinion is my ambition when it comes to street cred. Very much appreciate your thoughts and happy to agree. I looked up the T-W portrait competition and was thrilled with lots of the shots there. I must say this short India series always makes me smile when I look them. I was wondering whether to enter them for the Worcestershire CC annual show (which appears to be a competition by another name but you are allowed to enter ten images and judging is done in advance rather than on the night).

Regards, Jeff

Jeff, Go For It! You have nothing to lose and a good chance of a win.

GrahamS

(Mar 28, 2016, 12:11)danmdan Wrote:  Market day in my Town.
I like that very much.

Hi Danmdan

Pity the middle area is empty but I like the shape given to the picture by three ladies in pink pushing trolleys in red, and the two ladies in grey pulling trolleys - excellent that. But who or what are they? Maybe that's the point of the picture!!!

Great stuff, keep going!

Jeff

PS Who are they!!!

That's a fascinating shot, Dan. The way the pink lady is repeated but the grey lady fades out is a bit spooky! Perhaps the Enterprise has beamed her up?

Cheers.
Philip

They? They are only one....

GrahamS

Oh my goodness, how fantastic. Well done, danmdan, you certainly had me.

Anyway, so how many in this picture then. Borough High Street. London. ?

Regards all, Jeff

Attached Files Image(s)

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post