Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Summertime on Beautiful Fogo Island

Here are a couple more captures from my summer seascapes series, taken a few days ago very near our home on Fogo Island. (Newfoundland) I am so fortunate to have such stunning vistas right in our own backyard; I fear that I will soon wear out my cameras, the way I have been exercising my shutter finger these days!

As many of you know, I am unable to get up and about much, (spinal issues) so when I do have the odd good day I want to take full advantage of every moment, by exploring our island with my cameras in tow. I always end up paying a heavy price for these little excursions, (I've been back in bed for three full days after taking our visiting Aussie friends on this trail!) but it is indeed worth it, to see these pristine coastal scenes firsthand while I still can.

These two images are from the Turpin's Trail, near the tiny fishing community of Tilting. The panorama is made from three handheld captures, from one of my Sony A500's and the 18-55mm kit lens, (at ISO200, 1/800 sec, f/8) stitched together using Microsoft ICE. The old boat scene was taken using my vintage Minolta 50mm f/1.7 lens on the same camera. (handheld at ISO200, 1/4000sec, f/2.8)

Once I am again able to get mobile, my daughter Jackie and I plan to return to Turpin's Trail, this time with all of our gear, for more serious picture-taking. I am regretting not having taken along my Samyang 8mm fisheye the other day!

Glen
http://www.FocusOnNewfoundland.com

[Image: DSC00486_stitcha1024pix.jpg]

[Image: DSC00422a700pix-1.jpg]

These are beautiful shots dear Glen, I hope the summertime to go on... I love your photography of Fogo Island, you know.
Thank you so much for sharing with us,
Greetings and Love for you all,
nia

“There are no rules for good photographs, there are only good photographs.”

Ansel Adams

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post