Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Summery Church
Smile 

Hello,

This is my first post here. Fairly amateur but looking to improve. Please be honest in your critique and tell me what you think :-)

[Image: e67a0a87-cf44-4e07-9e98-738ccf478326_l.jpg]

Many thanks in advance.Cool

Hello and welcome.

From the low shooting angle, the wide angle lens has produced quite a lot of perspective distortion, exaggerating the angles of the church and tombstones.

The distractions of the lamp on the left and the roof on the right could be removed - either by cropping the image or by cloning them out.

There is some detail in the shadow areas, in particular it would be beneficial to lift the tones in the doorway and foreground shrubs.

The sky is a wonderful blue - you have produced a colourful image and the colours look correctly balanced.

Cheers.
Philip

(Jul 6, 2015, 11:35)MrB Wrote:  Hello and welcome.

From the low shooting angle, the wide angle lens has produced quite a lot of perspective distortion, exaggerating the angles of the church and tombstones.

The distractions of the lamp on the left and the roof on the right could be removed - either by cropping the image or by cloning them out.

There is some detail in the shadow areas, in particular it would be beneficial to lift the tones in the doorway and foreground shrubs.

The sky is a wonderful blue - you have produced a colourful image and the colours look correctly balanced.

Cheers.
Philip

Thank you, MrB!

I'm very grateful for your comments, and yes - it does look much better with the lighter entrance and lamp/house removed. I hadn't even considered running it through Photoshop!

Now that you have pointed out the low angle issue, it's staring me in the face!

Thank you again. Good lessons learned. I'll post a few more images over the coming days and hope for similarly helpful feedback again :-)

Best wishes

Adam

Just straightened it up a bit, nice effort. Ed.

Attached Files Image(s)

To each his own!

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post
Last Post by WesMal
Oct 13, 2018, 22:33
Last Post by MrB
May 4, 2016, 18:35
Last Post by snaphappy
Mar 22, 2016, 07:11