Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Sunday Morning

This is dedicated to our Australian friends. According to my weather site, Australia's highest temperature today is 40.6°C (105°F) while the lowest is 9.5°C (49°F). Look what you're missing... Big Grin

The white stuff is snow ("The small soft white bits of ice which sometimes fall from the sky when it is cold, or the white layer on the ground and other surfaces which it forms." -- Cambridge Dictionary)

I've taken these pictures this morning just outside my front door. Absolutely no postprocessing, they are right out of the camera.

[Image: img_0132-01.jpg]

Original size

[Image: img_0133-01.jpg]

Original size

[Image: img_0135-01.jpg]

Original size

[Image: img_0141-01.jpg]

Original size

[Image: img_0142-01.jpg]

Original size

[Image: img_0149-01.jpg]

Original size

Gallery/ Flickr Photo Stream

Reality is for wimps who can't face photoshop.

32 degrees here today, more of the same tomorrow. We do get snow here but only during winter and we are lucky if any actually stays on the ground. ;-).

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm
not sure about the former.

Albert Einstein

Snow huh.............. must try and see that someday. Lovely shots guerito Cool

FujiFilm Finepix S5600

Peted Wrote:32 degrees here today, more of the same tomorrow. We do get snow here but only during winter and we are lucky if any actually stays on the ground. ;-).
Same here which is odd for Canada but being close to the Pacific Ocean is a factor. We have patches that are on the ground now but only because it has been dropping to 0F at night.

Nice countryside G. Reminds me of when I grew up snowmobiling all day.

Sit, stay, ok, hold it! Awww, no drooling! :O
My flickr images

Snow ?? Its 75 deg. right now and think that it is getting up to 80 or so. I think spring has sprung right past us. All the trees are starting to turn green and flower . Time to get out and shoot !!!!Big Grin

Canon 20d and a few cheap lenses ..

It is our job as photographers to show people what they saw but didnt realize they saw it ......

Thanks for all the comments! Smile

I've been living in the north of Germany for ten years now and we never had a winter like this, especially not a March like this. Here too the snow doesn't stick usually, as we're close to the gulf stream and our weather is more English than continental. This is quite an exceptional winter! I do hope that we won't have many insects this summer, as a compensation.

Where I grew up, in Bavaria, views like these were common in January and February, although in March we usually saw the first spring flowers already. This year Bavaria had snow disasters. The worst was a roof of an ice rink collapsing and burying lots of people, with several casualties. At the moment they are awaiting floods when the masses of snow melt. Some of the rivers are already swelling.

Gallery/ Flickr Photo Stream

Reality is for wimps who can't face photoshop.

It's oddly cols here in California... they are saying we may get snow as low as the valley floor (under 500 feet) which is 4000 feet lower than we usually get it!

Nice one G...

I was at the beach yesterday... 38 degrees! Big Grin

[Image: DSC_4361.jpg]

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post
Last Post by MrB
Apr 19, 2017, 03:13
Last Post by Don Schaeffer
Mar 4, 2017, 19:10
Last Post by EnglishBob
Aug 30, 2016, 12:43