Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Sus' portraits, lighting reviewed

After two days of work, shooting hundreds of pictures, many different outfits and makeups... we finished yesterday our shooting for this year... and I think we have already pictures enough for Sus homepage...

I want to show my lighting here... I make a change ... leaving my umbrella high at my right and the softbox at the left... I had the great help of a friend of mine helping with the reflector... I think the lighting improved here...

We also worked smiles and poses... it has been a great experience ... Smile

[Image: IMG_6445.jpg]

[Image: IMG_6476.jpg]

[Image: IMG_6604.jpg]

[Image: IMG_6616.jpg]

[Image: IMG_6928-Edit.jpg]

[Image: IMG_7037-Edit.jpg]

[Image: IMG_7089.jpg]

[Image: 54_IMG_7153.jpg]

Thanks for looking... Smile

A work of art which did not begin in emotion is not art.
Paul Cezanne

I think your lighting is superb! Hair, skin tones are great and these all reflect so much effort; what a success! The apertures you used are really thoughtfully chosen.
In this instance, the low viewpoint has really worked well, adding a touch of mood and strength to the subject: a good job she has the facial structure for this to work well. This is a personal thing: for me: the ones that work best are the ones with a longer focal length: perhaps shorter focal lengths could be a little unflattering for the nose. Perhaps the merest hint of local blur or even cloning could be effective in pp for any potential hotspots?
I really do think the lighting is excellent: catchlights on jewellery and in eyes, beautifully balanced lighting all around. Absolutely stunning, really well-crafted and a real showcase of your hard work and talent. Irma, brilliant. Wink

All my stuff is here: www.doverow.com
(Just click on the TOP RIGHT buttons to take you to my Image Galleries or Music Rooms!)
My band TRASHVILLE, in which I'm lead guitarist: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z6mU6qaNx08

Thanks so much Zig, for your kind comment... I appreciate it a lot! Smile

I will take into consideration your advice for pp... Smile

Paul Cezanne

Hi, Irma!

WOW...These are a huge improvement over the first batch. The lighting is great, the hot spots are essentially gone. I find all the poses very attractive. The work that you put into these images has really paid off.

Regards.....Dennis

You nailed it much better this time Irma - getting the lights up higher made a big difference. Poses are much better too.

Well done!

Canon stuff.

Thanks so much Dennis, Chris for your comments... Smile

I am very happy that you saw improvement in the lighting and the poses... Smile

Paul Cezanne

Excellent stuff, really! I bet your model is thrilled to have so many aspects of her personality captured - all in such a wonderful way. You have a new career ahead of you as a portrait photographer!

Thanks a lot for your comment Toad..

There are a lot of well established photographers in Hamburg... but as we say... the sun comes out for everybody... Wink

Yes, she is very happy with her pictures too... Smile

Paul Cezanne

Is she married?

...wha!?... Rolleyes

(Just click on the TOP RIGHT buttons to take you to my Image Galleries or Music Rooms!)
My band TRASHVILLE, in which I'm lead guitarist: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z6mU6qaNx08

Zig Wrote:Is she married?

...wha!?... Rolleyes
Sorry Zig... I really don't know... the only thing I know is that she lives with her partner... Tongue.... Smile

Paul Cezanne

:/

Rolleyes

:o

Big Grin

WOW! so beautiful you are both; you did great shots and she is(was) so beautiful too... Well done dear Irma,

Thanks and love,
nia

“There are no rules for good photographs, there are only good photographs.”

Ansel Adams

Photo 

(Dec 16, 2009, 02:09)Irma Wrote:  After two days of work, shooting hundreds of pictures, many different outfits and makeups... we finished yesterday our shooting for this year... and I think we have already pictures enough for Sus homepage...

I want to show my lighting here... I make a change ... leaving my umbrella high at my right and the softbox at the left... I had the great help of a friend of mine helping with the reflector... I think the lighting improved here...

New here, but in a word "WOW", You Nailed it, go to the head of the class,

(Dec 16, 2009, 02:09)Irma Wrote:  After two days of work, shooting hundreds of pictures, many different outfits and makeups... we finished yesterday our shooting for this year... and I think we have already pictures enough for Sus homepage...

I loved #5, reminded me of Phillipe Halsman, he had each of his subjects jump for at east one image, of course having 101 covers of life might have helped also

jump pictures are always fun, helps break the mood of being serious and the tension seems to really melt away, and then fun for rest of portraite

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post
Last Post by lofty
May 2, 2016, 11:38
Last Post by gerainte
Jan 24, 2014, 15:24
Last Post by kNox
Aug 1, 2013, 00:50