Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Teapot Shots

I am addicted to reflections...

[Image: RD0X9098.jpg]

And I'm not the only one Smile

[Image: RD0X9110-Edit.jpg]

Gallery/ Flickr Photo Stream

Reality is for wimps who can't face photoshop.

Love it - particularly the eye glasses and their reflection. Is the fellow on the right in #1 wearing a fez?

Yep - he's wearing a fez. He's the head of this gang of artists, 78 years old and probably the most interesting man I know. He spent some years in Africa, I think...

Here is his portrait:

[Image: RD0X9071.jpg]

the portrait is really nice and has depth to it.

I find the teapot shots rather amuzing Smile

Uli

I really like the reflection - it really strikes me.

Canon stuff.

I'd like to live that long and be so happy with my life! Cool shot of the man, wish him all the best... Wink

John

We don't make mistakes, We make discoveries!

Love the picture, esp. that there are multiple photographers taking the teapot's photo.

So, does anyone know how to take this kind of shot WITHOUT getting the camera in the picture?

With a lightbox. Something like this.

A work of art which did not begin in emotion is not art.
Paul Cezanne

Very funny. The tablecloth in the second one looks to be in better focus, making the eyeglasses more promininet. (Or perhaps it's the crop?) It makes the 'lenses' and 'seeing' idea a little stronger.

matthewpiers.com • @matthewpiers | robertsonphoto.blogspot.com | @thewsreviews • thewsreviews.com

DJ1234 Wrote:So, does anyone know how to take this kind of shot WITHOUT getting the camera in the picture?
Very simple: Use Harry Potter's invisibility cloak! Big Grin

Seriuosly, I think you can take shots like this without the camera (and the photographer) in the picture only from a certain distance with a long telephoto lens, so you can hide in the background. I think the distortion of the curved reflecting surface would make things in the background smaller, hence less visible. Unfortunately, for this you need quite some room, and there is still the question of lighting the scene. It's a bit like the square circle, really.

You could do it with a Tilt/shift lens - G, you should borrow Irma's Smile

Canon stuff.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post
Last Post by EdMak
Apr 27, 2017, 04:16
Last Post by Vanisle John
Aug 17, 2016, 17:19