Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Technology graveyards

Sad to say, but the lifestyle we live, and ironically, even this hobby we are so passionate about creates huge amounts of waste, which has to be disposed of. Most of these go to graveyards where they are broken down into scrap, or just sit there and deteriorate, causing environmental pollution.

Where I can I usually try to recycle my gadgets (i.e. sell or pass on) to someone who will be able to get more use out of them. However, I think inevitably they will end up in a place similar to those below.

http://webecoist.com/2009/03/15/object-g...ay-things/

Anyway, I thought some of the photos were awesome - especially the top down ones of the airplanes forming patterns - very cool.

I've been to the airplane graveyard - it is near Tucson, Arizona - its pretty amazing. The tire graveyard looks pretty amazing too...

From all the monitors and tire graveyard shocked me... maybe because this is something I use everyday...

A work of art which did not begin in emotion is not art.
Paul Cezanne

It is sad for me too... I am the one who can't throw away things... I can't waste them too. I especially want to keep my things, and most of them having a memory or a special meanings... But in times you have so many things at the end... So these photographs impressed me so much and touched too, they are standing so sadly... Once upon a time we were alive... !

Thank you,
with my love,
nia

“There are no rules for good photographs, there are only good photographs.”

Ansel Adams

I've also visited the 'boneyards' at Davis-Monthan AFB and the Pima Air Museum - quite the sights.

Its certainly an interesting link; I have to admit that my concern about the environment is the second reaction that I have. The first thought is to wonder what lens I'd want to use at those places....

What really struck me is how regimented and organized it is - if it isn't being culled for scrap, why do people bother stacking keyboards instead of just shredding, compressing, and cubing them? I don't know enough to understand what I'm seeing.

matthewpiers.com • @matthewpiers | robertsonphoto.blogspot.com | @thewsreviews • thewsreviews.com

matthew Wrote:What really struck me is how regimented and organized it is
That's the military for you - bless their hearts

matthew Wrote:Its certainly an interesting link; I have to admit that my concern about the environment is the second reaction that I have. The first thought is to wonder what lens I'd want to use at those places....
Haha, spoken like a true shutterbug. Big Grin