Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Terrors of the Subteraneum Tunnels of Sydney

Husband & I returned from a short break on the south coast this morning and were returning via the Southern Highlands on the Hume Highway, its been a while since we travelled on this highway and there’s been a new motorway added to it since. Got on the motorway, was lulled into false sense of security when I saw ‘Newcastle’ and kept on going ….. and going. Oooops! there’s a tunnel ahead, had missed the last chance to get off motorway before we were swallowed into the bowels of Sydney. ‘Do you know where we are going’ said husband, ‘No’ I replied and he grew pale and cowered into his seat. Signs to other places we didn’t want to go flew past. Husband repeated his question and I replied ‘No’ again, he grew even paler. Came out of that tunnel saw daylight and the airport. Oooops! down into another tunnel, eeeek! they only take E-tags and we dont have one! Kept going, saw another sign that said Newcastle, heaved a sigh of relief, husband beyond talking. We are now on the northern side of the Sydney Harbour Bridge, sigh of relief- Oh no! the approach to the Lane Cove tunnel appears, that would have taken us north west, at the last moment saw the lane that took us north and home. I thought it was hilarious, husband still recovering. Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin

Cheers,
Pat
Canon 400D plus assorted lenses

Gotta love "unscheduled routes and detours" on any trip.... it's not getting lost, it's adventuring! Least that's what I tell the wife every time I take a wrong turn Big Grin

Poor your husband, he felt lost I think...

I got terrified when G tells me "I think I know a shortcut".... because I know this will take us double the time than if we drive the regular way...
So now I tell him.. "but without shortcuts, because we are in a hurry... Big Grin"

A work of art which did not begin in emotion is not art.
Paul Cezanne

Lol... I thought it was the man's job to get you lost and keep driving without stopping to ask for directions... Big Grin

I have lost count the number of times I've done the very same thing... Big Grin

I never get lost..And even when I do I know where I am. Big Grin

Lumix LX5.
Canon 350 D.+ 18-55 Kit lens + Tamron 70-300 macro. + Canon 50mm f1.8 + Manfrotto tripod, in bag.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post
Last Post by shuttertalk
Jul 9, 2006, 19:57