Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

The Adder

Viper benus - I've seen many smaller adders but this one was a daddy. Eyes closed and enjoying the warmth of the sun until it sensed my presence; then off in a flash beneath the log and brushwood.

[Image: Adder.jpg]

Model: NIKON D300
ExposureTime: 1/400"
Aperture: F5.6
ExposureProgram: Aperture-priority AE
FocalLength: 300.0 mm
ISO: 400

Photography is a never-ending journey

Are they still around?
Thought they would all be gone by now!

Canon EOS 650D with 18-55 kit lens/ 75-300 zoom/ 100-400 zoom
https://www.flickr.com/photos/125137869@N08/

The Adders will be well into hibernation. This shot was taken April 2013.
If I had to rely on current images my contributions to the forum would be spars.

Peter

Well, that's a relief to hear, I havent posted much as most of my images were taken 2013. I have only taken up photography for just over a year and my photos are not up to the standard of most of the members here.

Canon EOS 650D with 18-55 kit lens/ 75-300 zoom/ 100-400 zoom
https://www.flickr.com/photos/125137869@N08/

Iv'e used all mine!! only been digital seriously for 3 years.Now almost 80, permanent sore back, and, as Duke ellington played, Don't Get Around Much Any More!! Johnny, your pics are fine. Ed.

To each his own!

I don't think anyone should be concerned as to when an image was captured unless it is crucial to the topic.
Regarding refraining from posting images that we feel are not up to the standard of other members, I would't hesitate; members can reply or not as they wish.
I for one would be happy to see more images posted to the forum.
If we want evaluation we can post into the 'Critique' board.
All the best - Peter

I like it - good photo, Peter. The snake's camouflage works well in those surroundings - I suppose you would have had to look very carefully to spot him!

Cheers.
Philip

(Nov 28, 2014, 15:55)MrB Wrote:  I like it - good photo, Peter. The snake's camouflage works well in those surroundings - I suppose you would have had to look very carefully to spot him!

Cheers.
Philip

Part luck and part constant searching Philip. I knew there were Adders in the area, and the weather was sunny for their basking. Thankfully I had my 70-300mm or I wouldn't have been able to get close enough without my movement alerting it sooner.

(Nov 28, 2014, 14:38)johnytrout Wrote:  Well, that's a relief to hear, I havent posted much as most of my images were taken 2013. I have only taken up photography for just over a year and my photos are not up to the standard of most of the members here.

Don't be shy about posting pics. Most of the photographers will help you get better rather than worrying about standards. We used to have a section just for sort of snapshots, which seems to have dis-appeared.

Lumix LX5.
Canon 350 D.+ 18-55 Kit lens + Tamron 70-300 macro. + Canon 50mm f1.8 + Manfrotto tripod, in bag.

Nice adder Plantsman. Ive never seen a wild one in the UK.

I will have to get out more. Confused

Lumix LX5.
Canon 350 D.+ 18-55 Kit lens + Tamron 70-300 macro. + Canon 50mm f1.8 + Manfrotto tripod, in bag.

Very nice find and shot.

(Nov 28, 2014, 14:44)EdMak Wrote:  Iv'e used all mine!! only been digital seriously for 3 years.Now almost 80, permanent sore back, and, as Duke ellington played, Don't Get Around Much Any More!! Johnny, your pics are fine. Ed.

Ed, I think it's only the likes of you and me who remember the Duke, or Bill Basie. Of course Ella is still remembered but what about 'Lady Day' (Billy Holiday) Sarah Vaughan or Bix Beiderbecke? I have some Monochrome print copies of them all sculling about the place.

Regards.

Phil.

I can find LP's/Cd's of them Phil, and, many more!! Cheers. Ed.

To each his own!