Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

The Grey Squirrel

Sciurus carolinensis - Cute or troublesome, the grey squirrel, introduced from North America is now very common and widespread throughout England - to the detriment of our native red squirrels - and also common in parts of Scotland and Ireland .
Certainly a photogenic animal, and as I observe at the nature reserves, one of the first shots taken by the young photographer.

[Image: Squirrel3_zps54weue11.jpg]
Thinking

[Image: Squirrel2_zpskamdyvle.jpg]
Feeding

[Image: Squirrel_zpsgdxijmsi.jpg]
A little backlighting from the sun

Photography is a never-ending journey

Take another, clapping, make it a long exposure!! Ed.

To each his own!

Good photographs Plantsman! I am envious that you have the grey as well as the red... :-( I am often doing a double take over here when I see the Grey/Black and it has a lot of reds in the fur... but we have gophers... Chipmunks, Prairie Dogs and sundry other photogenic pests so I should be grateful.. :-)

Thank you for the share

Kind regards

Rolf

In photography, the smallest thing can be a great subject. The little human detail can become a leitmotiv.

—Henri Cartier-Bresson

I Remember in the UK the grey's being blamed for the decline of the Red Squirrel, yet over here I get both varieties in my back yard. Still, I guess the North American Red squirrel is a different variety to the UK Red.

Great series, love the back lit one.

Great shots Plantsman. I particularly liked the backlit one.
I have lightened the body a little.

[Image: Squirrel_zpsfxsd0tja.jpg][/URL][/img]

Webber

Thanks for your comments.

Webber, the Critique board is the place for altering images and where the poster and other members can reply to such alterations if they so wish.

Peter

http://javascript:Thread.multiQuote(99067);

(Feb 3, 2015, 13:14)Plantsman Wrote:  Thanks for your comments.

Webber, the Critique board is the place for altering images and where the poster and other members can reply to such alterations if they so wish.

Peter

http://javascript:Thread.multiQuote(99067);

Sorry Peter I was looking through the images and forgot where I was.
Derek.

Quote:Webber, the Critique board is the place for altering images and where the poster and other members can reply to such alterations if they so wish.

Peter

Sorry Peter I was looking through the images and forgot where I was.
Derek.

No problem Derek, and thanks for taking it as the polite note intended.
At one time I had my own open source community forum and know how much better it is for members if the boards within a forum are kept neat and tidy.

Peter

Easy to do Derek, done it myself. Cheers. Ed.

To each his own!

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post