Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

The Night Before the Battle

Ta for the explanantion mate Smile

All my stuff is here: www.doverow.com
(Just click on the TOP RIGHT buttons to take you to my Image Galleries or Music Rooms!)
My band TRASHVILLE, in which I'm lead guitarist: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z6mU6qaNx08

I don't know. Of course as a craft this is nice. But it's not about life. You should leave this fantasy stuff for the painters.

Nikon D3100 with Tokina 28-70mm f3.5, (I like to use a Vivitar .43x aux on the 28-70mm Tokina), Nikkor 10.5 mm fisheye, Quanteray 70-300mm f4.5, ProOptic 500 mm f6.3 mirror lens. http://donschaefferphoto.blogspot.com/

Don Schaeffer Wrote:I don't know. Of course as a craft this is nice. But it's not about life. You should leave this fantasy stuff for the painters.
Well, that's one opinion. I don't agree.

Don Schaeffer Wrote:I don't know. Of course as a craft this is nice. But it's not about life. You should leave this fantasy stuff for the painters.
I couldn't disagree more Don.

Of course you're perfectly entitled to your opinion. I understand completely if this kind of work isn't your "thing" and I'm not trying to suggest that you should like it.....
...but I've never seen a rule book that says photographs have to depict true life and fantasy stuff is best left for painting.
Nor can I think of any reason why photography shouldn't be used to illustrate a fantasy scene, or used to create montages such as this.

In fact I'd suggest that challenging commonly-held preconceptions and assertions is exactly how humans have progressed throughout history.
Of course the results won't always work out to our tastes, nor will they necessarily be perfected overnight. But I find it much more interesting looking at an innovative bunch of hit-and-miss images with a lot of variety in them than viewing a million "ok" images that end up all looking the same after a while.

Maybe it's just me? I have no real desire to create fantasy scenes like Toad's example here, but seeing it motivates me to look at possibilities in my own work that I might not have considered otherwise.

Adrian Broughton
My Website: www.BroughtonPhoto.com.au
My Blog: blog.BroughtonPhoto.com.au
You can also visit me on Facebook!
"Everything should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler." - Einstein.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post
Last Post by GrahamS
Feb 10, 2017, 17:01
Last Post by Jeffbridge
Oct 27, 2014, 08:46