Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

The Scottish Mist

Hi everyone. Took these photos in Scotland this year. A bit misty when they were taken, but I like them and think it adds to the legend of Scotland. I would be happy to receive your comments please as I am learning.

Attached Files Image(s)

Two nice moody images. Prefer the first, as far as exposure and lighting goes but think the second is better composition, without so much dark foreshore on the right

Thank you for your comments Dean. I agree the first could be better with less foreshore. Still lovely memories and good practice.

Yeah I love those kind of mood scenes. I agree with Dean better exposure on the first image but greater composition wise on the 2nd. Maybe if you could crop the first image a little tighter,cropping the leading lines of shore on the right might improve the composition of your image.

PhotoPlay Photography
What we are is God's gift to us. What we become is our gift to God.
~Eleanor Powell

The first one could stand a bit of lightening, makes a big difference to the hills in the far background. and right foreground. Good shot though. Ed.

(Oct 8, 2013, 14:24)PhotoPlay Wrote:  Yeah I love those kind of mood scenes. I agree with Dean better exposure on the first image but greater composition wise on the 2nd. Maybe if you could crop the first image a little tighter,cropping the leading lines of shore on the right might improve the composition of your image.

Thank you Photoplay. I will try that and let you know the result.

(Oct 8, 2013, 15:59)EdMak Wrote:  The first one could stand a bit of lightening, makes a big difference to the hills in the far background. and right foreground. Good shot though. Ed.

Thank you Ed. I will try that and the tip that Photoplay gave me. I will re-post the picture when I have done it.Thank you all for your comments.

I have tried lightening the first photo and cropped some of the foreshore. Oh so slowly learning corel photoshop pro 6 so please tell me if this looks right to you. Many thanks for all your input.

Attached Files Image(s)

(Oct 9, 2013, 06:03)snaphappy Wrote:  I have tried lightening the first photo and cropped some of the foreshore. Oh so slowly learning corel photoshop pro 6 so please tell me if this looks right to you. Many thanks for all your input.
Lovely image. Maybe a bit of selective exposure and clarity work on the hills? (was the original a RAW image?) I'm a bit distracted by the waterline being on the slant a little. Looks like the waves are defying gravity and moving uphill.

“A great photograph is one that fully expresses what one feels, in the deepest sense, about what is being photographed.”
Ansel Adams

(Oct 19, 2013, 08:31)James Tate Wrote:  
(Oct 9, 2013, 06:03)snaphappy Wrote:  I have tried lightening the first photo and cropped some of the foreshore. Oh so slowly learning corel photoshop pro 6 so please tell me if this looks right to you. Many thanks for all your input.
Lovely image. Maybe a bit of selective exposure and clarity work on the hills? (was the original a RAW image?) I'm a bit distracted by the waterline being on the slant a little. Looks like the waves are defying gravity and moving uphill.

Thanks for your comments James. I seem to have this problem with not getting waterlines straight without the aid of editing.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post