Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

The Trevi Fountain, Rome

I know it seems posh but a point+shoot with a nice camera in a unique place, is still a point+shoot.
Grabbed in really contrasty light in September with the 21mm, so the ensuing conversion was to a really low contrast..by which time the colours looked a bit unnatural but tonally neat in monochrome with a bit of blue tint for that "film-stock" look.

[Image: OH_503treviWeb.jpg]

All my stuff is here: www.doverow.com
(Just click on the TOP RIGHT buttons to take you to my Image Galleries or Music Rooms!)
My band TRASHVILLE, in which I'm lead guitarist: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z6mU6qaNx08

I think you did a great job of minimizing the touristy aspects of this shot via your treatment. I am becoming quite a fan of your low contrast / high gamma look. The water and stonework looks particularly good.

Thoughtful composition Zig... Is this the original frame or is a cropped image? I am asking just because some coincidences I found with the tourist.... That area takes my eye.. and I like that because one jumps from the detail of the fountain to the detail of the tourist area, the composition keeps you busy... Wink

A work of art which did not begin in emotion is not art.
Paul Cezanne

I loved the composition dear Zig, and as my dear friends say, you captured a nice view with the low contrast. Not easy for me Smile

Thank you,
with my love,
nia

“There are no rules for good photographs, there are only good photographs.”

Ansel Adams

Thank you team.
It is cropped, Irma: by the same amount each side. I didn't actually wish to crop it but decided to straighten the verticals a bit and lost a sliver along both edges and the top.

All my stuff is here: www.doverow.com
(Just click on the TOP RIGHT buttons to take you to my Image Galleries or Music Rooms!)
My band TRASHVILLE, in which I'm lead guitarist: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z6mU6qaNx08

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post
Last Post by losman70
Feb 25, 2013, 00:08
Last Post by matthew
Jun 15, 2011, 18:10