Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

The White Horse of Westbury

I had occasion to visit the White Horse of Westbury last week. Also called the Bratton White Horse, Westbury lies on the edge of the Bratton Downs in Wiltshire, England. The horse is carved into the side of a hill, atop which lies an Iron Age hill fort and earthworks. Said to date from the 1600's, there is however, no documentary or other evidence for the existence of a chalk horse at Westbury before 1742.

I used my Nikon D7100 with the 16.0-85.0 mm f/3.5-5.6 VR. I made ten vertical exposures and stitched the panorama in PS CS5 Photomerge.

[Image: 31960155996_f488e36be4_o.jpg]

GrahamS
Take my advice.  I'm not using it.Wink

Nicely done, great control of the exposure to make the joins seemless.

Lovely shot, Graham. Could you post a smaller version so I can see it all? At the moment it cuts off at the S of your surname so I can't see the right hand side, or read all of your post. But still a lovely shot!

A great capture Graham, and to ditto the above two comments. Very well stitched together.

Happy New Year.

Best regards.

Phil.

Here 'ya go, Del Boy:

GrahamS

Beautiful shot !

To see more/less, try holding down the Control Key, and then + or - on Numeric Pad. Ed.

To each his own!

A great panoramic view !

What a superbly composed photograph. Fantastic!

Tony

"My wife & I make the perfect point-and-shoot photography team. She points and I shoot!"

Ed, John, Tony - thank you.

GrahamS

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post
Last Post by EnglishBob
Aug 12, 2016, 11:40
Last Post by Jeffbridge
Dec 7, 2015, 22:48
Last Post by Jeffbridge
Dec 4, 2015, 21:39