Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

The gallery.

While walking to the parking place I saw this window and the picture of the girl made me turn to the window again... In this one I didn't play composition, I saw it and imagined it like this and I concentrated my composition in this format. As my picture didn't have much contrast. I dedicated my treatment to enhance the contrast between artificial and natural light with color.

[Image: 55_IMG_9153-Edit.jpg]

Smile

A work of art which did not begin in emotion is not art.
Paul Cezanne

Irma:

Forgive me for messing with your photo. I think that I see what you are trying to achieve here with light contrasts - sand I think it might be better achieved with a slight crop (square).

[Image: 86_test.jpg]

I see clearly what you mean here and I like it. In this picture I never thought about a different crop. I was a bit caught by the reflection I see in the glass. I left the sign as a clue... but it isn't necesary since the scene speaks by itself.

What I see of improvements also in your crop is to avoid the brightness of the spot light. Lines and contrast looks cleaner. I will work a bit with distortion to make the lines straight. In this crop you can appreciate better that they are not...

Thanks Toad... Smile
I like your idea a lot!!

Paul Cezanne

Nice: I agree with Toad..and please forgive me also!

[Image: 86_testsr.jpg]

All my stuff is here: www.doverow.com
(Just click on the TOP RIGHT buttons to take you to my Image Galleries or Music Rooms!)
My band TRASHVILLE, in which I'm lead guitarist: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z6mU6qaNx08

Thanks Zig so much for your comment and try. I definitely will go for a square crop here ... Smile

Paul Cezanne

I'm going to disagree with the trend -- I prefer Irma's original version. I like the idea of the pictures being framed on three sides by the window, and the right side being open stops the composition from being too static. But I do wish that the photo was moved over a little so that the gallery sign wasn't visible on the wall, or that it was in focus. (I'm an obsessive reader, so words draw my attention very strongly.) It's a nice scene with a lot of interest, and the colour harmonies work very well. But what draws my eye the most is the broad white sill at the base of the window, which doesn't match anything else in the photo, and has far more visual weight than its counterpart at the top of the glass. I don't know if it could be tinted or darkened to let it blend in a little more, but ultimately it stops me from exploring the photo the way I would like to.

matthewpiers.com • @matthewpiers | robertsonphoto.blogspot.com | @thewsreviews • thewsreviews.com

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post