Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

The gecko

Little gecko was hiding in the fence.

Attached Files Image(s)

The leaf is distracting. I would take it out.

Nice shot czkid. I enjoy your images of flora and fauna of Florida.

Photography is a never-ending journey

Great. Ed.

To each his own!

Excellent captures - well taken.

Interesting how the positioning of the limbs of the gecko is imitating the "limbs" of the climbing plant - evolutionary behaviour or just coincidence?

It is a good capture although, for me, the image is not yet developed to its potential.

Cheers.
Philip

Thanks, Philip. Well, with that "leading statement" don't leave me in the cold, what would up you consider a "developing to potential" in this case? Do you mean tweaking with my PaintShop, or just getting a better capture than the one I got? that was a one shot deal, as I was walking. A lot of my shots are just that. I don't have time to wait for a capture, it's only seconds sometimes. We're not on the critique, but, I imagine Barbara would allow us a comment here.
(Apr 14, 2015, 05:59)MrB Wrote:  Interesting how the positioning of the limbs of the gecko is imitating the "limbs" of the climbing plant - evolutionary behaviour or just coincidence?

It is a good capture although, for me, the image is not yet developed to its potential.

Cheers.
Philip

Sorry for the delayed reply, czkid - I went out for the afternoon and have just returned home.

Some people have objected to critique in the Showcase section of the forum and, as a result, we have had our knuckles rapped. But, as you have asked, I will simply comment (as previously) that it is a good capture, and add that the image seems a bit flat to me. So if it were mine, as well as removing the distracting leaf, I would play around with the controls in PaintShop Pro to try to make it pop more.

Cheers.
Philip

Hi Mr. B, I concur, but I did not want to step on anyones toes. I know that by removing the leaf I probably crossed some lines here, but I wanted to illustrate how it looks after i done that. The photo could use some other work with it as you suggested.

Martin :-)

Pat, why not post it in the Critique section, and, your Caterpillar and flowers? Ed.

To each his own!

Thanks for the comments, and others, also. I realize it's not correct doing it here, and I don't mind being critiqued, and I probably should put it in the critique, but, I was taking a break from getting "hammered" (no pun intended), which honestly, I really do appreciate everything that all you who are so far advanced impart to me. I know you wouldn't critique me so seriously, unless you thought I you were helping me to develop the craft, and had something worthwhile to share. Thanks again. When I get a "really" good one like the pines, or my bridges, or my fire tower, I will put in critique.

(Apr 14, 2015, 13:24)MrB Wrote:  Sorry for the delayed reply, czkid - I went out for the afternoon and have just returned home.

Some people have objected to critique in the Showcase section of the forum and, as a result, we have had our knuckles rapped. But, as you have asked, I will simply comment (as previously) that it is a good capture, and add that the image seems a bit flat to me. So if it were mine, as well as removing the distracting leaf, I would play around with the controls in PaintShop Pro to try to make it pop more.

Cheers.
Philip

Pat, to me, your recent flowers, with a bit of editing, is one of your best, or, the best. Ed.

To each his own!

The above is the reason I always post in critique. Nice capture.

Wow! Thanks, Ed.

(Apr 15, 2015, 01:12)EdMak Wrote:  Pat, to me, your recent flowers, with a bit of editing, is one of your best, or, the best. Ed.

Thanks, Craig. You are quite right, and my "mentors" are well meaning.

(Apr 15, 2015, 09:41)EnglishBob Wrote:  The above is the reason I always post in critique. Nice capture.

Cool shot! And this:

(Apr 14, 2015, 05:59)MrB Wrote:  Interesting how the positioning of the limbs of the gecko is imitating the "limbs" of the climbing plant

made me realize it's even cooler than I thought Smile

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post
Last Post by Phil J
Jul 4, 2016, 07:01
Last Post by Jimbo9948
Jun 22, 2015, 05:38