Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

The lake is starting to freeze

[Image: ice%20and%20lighthouse.jpg]

This is a shot I took of Green Bay, which is a bay of Lake Michigan. As you can see, the ice is starting to form along the shoreline, and today the wind was blowing onshore, so the ice began to pile a little bit.

I took about 20 shots today, but most of them at the end were a little blurry. I think they need to add an anti-shiver feature to these cameras for us cold weather people. Wink

I didn't do any processing to this one, other than an Auto Levels, and resizing.

Chris

stargazer Wrote:I didn't do any processing to this one, other than an Auto Levels, and resizing.

Chris

It needed nothing more. Great shot. SG.

Sit, stay, ok, hold it! Awww, no drooling! :O
My flickr images

This is a good shot. Nicely composed.

Nikon D3100 with Tokina 28-70mm f3.5, (I like to use a Vivitar .43x aux on the 28-70mm Tokina), Nikkor 10.5 mm fisheye, Quanteray 70-300mm f4.5, ProOptic 500 mm f6.3 mirror lens. http://donschaefferphoto.blogspot.com/

Thanks for the compliments.

Great shot and BRRRRR!

I really like lighthouse pictures... Your picture is great!! Very nice composition... Smile

A work of art which did not begin in emotion is not art.
Paul Cezanne

wow, thats something I've never seen before. At first glance I thought it was an ocean.
Its lovely to see another part of the world from my lounge room Tongue
Great shot

Canon 350D with Speedlight 580EX flash
EFS 18-55 f/3.5-5.6 II, EF 90-300mm f/4.5-5.6 USM, EF 50mm f/1.8

http://www.inspired-images.com.au

Wow, awesome shot, chris. I like the different layers in the shot - you have the white foreground layered against the dark sea, and then the sky again. The lighthouse makes a great subject, and the textured snow adds to the character of the image.

I like it very much!

It's great getting shots like these from all around the globe Smile

Lovely shot Chris, and I also enjoy reading the little snippets of information that accompany shots like this.

I used to read camera reviews and giggle when the reviewers commented on such things as buttons being too small or too close together, but earlier this year I had the (mis?)fortune of shooting in the snow for the first time... and I very quickly learned just how tricky it is to shoot with gloves on and in such conditions.

I have a new-found respect for anyone who braves weather like this for their hobby... But its so beautiful I can definately see the allure.

Cheers
Adrian

Adrian Broughton
My Website: www.BroughtonPhoto.com.au
My Blog: blog.BroughtonPhoto.com.au
You can also visit me on Facebook!
"Everything should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler." - Einstein.

Super! Great composition and the shot conveys the cold. Lovely!

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post
Last Post by czkid
Feb 13, 2015, 05:42
Last Post by vlad
Apr 19, 2013, 12:11