Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

The long and the short

Just had to show you these: I wanted to see what I could get away with, just using the Tamron, and just handheld.
Obviously, this needed me to either stay with a wide aperture or up the ISO.

This one is of a money-spider as it crawled over a crocus petal I found on the local common: those yellow bits are pollen grains. This is at f3.5.

[Image: 1051spider.jpg]

Now, yes, I know I've shot from the same place before, but I just wanted to make the point really: I told you it was a nifty lens at f5.6:

[Image: 1066ST.jpg]

Here's detail of the same shot at 100%:

[Image: 1066crop.jpg]

To be fair, though, putting things into some kind of persepctive: this final one is a 100% crop of the same shot, also at f5.6 but this time using the Canon 50mm f1.4:

[Image: 1068crop.jpg]

All my stuff is here: www.doverow.com
(Just click on the TOP RIGHT buttons to take you to my Image Galleries or Music Rooms!)
My band TRASHVILLE, in which I'm lead guitarist: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z6mU6qaNx08

I she spinning a web out of her rear? You love that Tamron 90 so much I almost feel like sending you mine for a spare...

WOW! What a difference.... What can I say I don't know, Smile I am a Canon user and I have not any idea about Tamron but I can see the difference now, I am surprised...

Thank you dear Zig,

with my love,
nia

“There are no rules for good photographs, there are only good photographs.”

Ansel Adams

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post
Last Post by Don Schaeffer
Nov 1, 2017, 15:51