Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

The tear of a tree

The more I learn PS the more I want to work with my pictures, as I used to do with PSP. I know I have to learn more, but I would like to show you my "progress", if any, with this kind of work.

Thanks a lot for your comments. Smile

[Image: P1090363thetearofaabstractm.jpg]

A work of art which did not begin in emotion is not art.
Paul Cezanne

I can see the tear; I like the lighting

I am interested to see how it was before PS though, the patchy green background, is interesting (because I keep looking at it), interesting.

Good!

Thanks Adam.

Here is the original. Smile

[Image: P1090363thetearofatreeorigi.jpg]

Paul Cezanne

The post processing is quite well donein #1 as far as an artistic interpreation. I also rather like the original for different reasons. Both photos, I feel, should have a bit cropped off the top to place the subject less dead center.

Best
Rob

Irma:

I really like the original better than the high contrast, high satuation version. The effect of the digital treatment is to blur or merge small details which gove the image its texture. The original is very interesting.

Nikon D3100 with Tokina 28-70mm f3.5, (I like to use a Vivitar .43x aux on the 28-70mm Tokina), Nikkor 10.5 mm fisheye, Quanteray 70-300mm f4.5, ProOptic 500 mm f6.3 mirror lens. http://donschaefferphoto.blogspot.com/

I agree with the slight crop on the top, but I like the PSed version much more, I love saturated colours and the way it focuses on the sap drips. I think the enhanced version makes an ordinary photo an extra ordinary artwork.

Good Job Irma Smile

I also thought about a crop but I didn't know where it could be best. Thanks you very much to all for your comments and adivece. Smile

Paul Cezanne

I like both versions Irma.. well done! I really like the subtle lighting in the original photo, but the rich colour and artist-like strokes make a fantastic work too.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post
Last Post by Jocko
Aug 12, 2016, 06:14
Last Post by Barbara G.
Nov 23, 2014, 07:46
Last Post by EdMak
Nov 18, 2013, 14:43