Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

The waiting game

Seeing Keith's misery over his favourite tree thought I would tell you about my husband's favourite tree which he watches over every Summer. B planted this mango tree 8 years ago in the hope of it growing, mango trees do better further north from our home on the mid north coast of NSW. At the moment its covered with new growth and actually has 2 mangos on it Big Grin not quite ripe yet but soon we will be devouring a luscious mango each.

[Image: mango.jpg]

Cheers,
Pat
Canon 400D plus assorted lenses

Oooo yum! There's nothing I like more than a mango straight from the fridge. Big Grin

We used to have a mango tree in the backyard of the house where I grew up - it was fantastic - more mangoes than we knew what to do with... Big Grin

shuttertalk Wrote:Oooo yum! There's nothing I like more than a mango straight from the fridge. Big Grin

We used to have a mango tree in the backyard of the house where I grew up - it was fantastic - more mangoes than we knew what to do with... Big Grin
you can send the extra mangos this way LOL . I miss the fruit trees , they do not grow much ( if any ) here in Mississippi . I used to love picking the fresh Oranges and Grapefruit from the trees when i was growing up in Florida .

....... Shawn

Canon 20d and a few cheap lenses ..

It is our job as photographers to show people what they saw but didnt realize they saw it ......

Hi Shawn - unfortunately growing in the wrong climate means the tree produces few mangos, so 2 this year next year probably nothing :/ checked the supermarket today and mangos are selling at $3.97 each at the moment.

Cheers,
Pat

$3.97 each is a lot of money, Pat. For that money I could buy two or three of those in my local supermarket.

In Chiapas, Mexico they grow along the rivers or in the parks. So you can pick them up for free practically. In the cultivated fields with better sorts of mangos the branches go out of the fence and you also can pick them up from the ground along the road. You go for a picknick and come back with the fruit for the week... Smile

A work of art which did not begin in emotion is not art.
Paul Cezanne

Hi Pat. Had not heard of Port Stephens before looks lovely. I am in the process of migrating to NSW so will add that to my must visit list. So no chance of growing mangoes in Sydney then??

“Look, I'm not an intellectual - I just take pictures.” - Helmut Newton.

Hi Navis - You will love Sydney, its my hometown and you can grow a mango tree there, problem is you will never have any fruit. Most Sydneysiders visit Port Stephens at one time or another, its a very popular holiday resort town. Welcome to Australia.

Cheers,
Pat

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post
Last Post by Don Schaeffer
Mar 14, 2015, 12:15