Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

This morning's fishing trip

Been taking advantage of being on leave to get up early and get down to the water's edge before first light. This morning it was the turn of the canal. You'll notice no pictures of fish! I only took my spinning rod and there was so much weed spinning was impossible. Hence the photography instead.

[Image: 28918122915_ec4e7736f2_c.jpg]

[Image: 28300334574_3e0a0ed34c_c.jpg]

[Image: 28842317871_afef162c4d_c.jpg]

[Image: 28886531696_6e5db054e9_c.jpg]

[Image: 28302581523_9d98565ee9_c.jpg]

[Image: 28632837400_0ec2f0854f_c.jpg]

A beautiful set of images and very well observed.

Ask yourself, "What's most important for the final image?".

Great catches. Ed.

To each his own!

These are very good photos, Derek, and they are much better when viewed at their largest size (1200x800) on your Flickr pages. I would recommend that members click through to view them there.

(It seems that this forum's software is sharpening images too much, making bright edges and sparkly details which thankfully are not present in the Flickr images.)

Cheers.
Philip

(Aug 12, 2016, 04:13)MrB Wrote:  (It seems that this forum's software is sharpening images too much, making bright edges and sparkly details which thankfully are not present in the Flickr images.
This is what I find with all the images I post. It spoils them. I sharpen most carefully then they appear here too far gone.

Ask yourself, "What's most important for the final image?".

Wonderful series, need to come back for a visit!

Thanks all.

Yes, the village (Frampton on Severn) where I took these is quintessentially English - village green replete with cricket pitch, manor house, duck ponds, there's a sailing lake hidden behind the trees, the canal, the river in the distance, and beyond that the Forest of Dean, the old Church... It's all there. Had a beer in The Bell (the pub on the green) lunchtime, and tomorrow morning I'll be back at the spot in the photo for some more fishing, this time with a float set-up so the weed won't be so restricting. The maggots are in the fridge - but don't tell the missus!

Tight lines for tomorrow Derek.

Regards.

Phil.

A wonderful series !

A wonderful series !

Great photo's Derek I used to keep frozen chicks in the freezer for my ferrets but they've gone now so I've just got my black Cocker & Border Terrible.

We Photographers deal in things which are continually Vanishing and when they have vanished, there is no contrivance on earth which can make them come back again. We cannot develope and print a memory.
                 Henri Cartier Bresson
Doug

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post