Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Today's Bee

As long as the clover is blooming, I just can't help to take macros... Smile

[Image: 0362_dsc_0125-01-copy.jpg]

Gallery/ Flickr Photo Stream

Reality is for wimps who can't face photoshop.

Nice macro.

Nikon D3100 with Tokina 28-70mm f3.5, (I like to use a Vivitar .43x aux on the 28-70mm Tokina), Nikkor 10.5 mm fisheye, Quanteray 70-300mm f4.5, ProOptic 500 mm f6.3 mirror lens. http://donschaefferphoto.blogspot.com/

Agree with Don nice macro

guerito Wrote:As long as the clover is blooming, I just can't help to take macros... Smile

]

Nice one. Nice exposure on the clover too.

I'm also a Bee chaser though I miss more than I manage to catch Rolleyes

Here's a macro showing the pollen sacs on its legs as it reverses out of a foxglove. I'd been hoping to get the entire Bee but pressed the shutter a split second too soon, as usual!

Lens used was a Pentax 100mm 2.8 + Pentax ring flash - shot at F/32

[Image: beezneez.jpg]

Polly

This is great, Polly, really good lighting and DOF. Ah, if only I had a ring flash! Smile These I shot with sunlight, no flash, but I had to use something between f/11 and f/16.

Don't worry about the misses, my ratio is about 1:60 and worse.

As I have lost all my recent pictures in a crash of my external drive, I had to retake a bee shot quickly before the clover blossoms are gone...

[Image: 0366_dsc_0012-01-copy.jpg]

Gallery/ Flickr Photo Stream

Reality is for wimps who can't face photoshop.

guerito Wrote:As I have lost all my recent pictures in a crash of my external drive, I had to retake a bee shot quickly before the clover blossoms are gone...

Argh, sorry to hear that, G...

I absolutely love that last shot by the way - how the bee in hanging on the side. I'd consider that one frame worthy..

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post
Last Post by EdMak
Sep 4, 2017, 05:14