Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Today's artsy: at the beach

Just what we need in December! Here's a before-and-after set of a shot I took at California's Laguna Beach, post-processed with Topaz Adjust.

The original was badly backlit and flat while the after version has color and detail restored with a bit of "whimsy" added to match the human subjects.

[Image: Adjusta.jpg]

[Image: Adjustb.jpg]

DIGITAL IMAGING BLOG
www.plugsandpixels.com/blog

The high-contrast monochrome silhouette effect of the first is great - in fact, for me it would be an even better image if it was converted completely to mono. The second is not for me.

Cheers.
Philip

Thanks, here's a mono (non-glowing) version.

[Image: Adjustd.jpg]

DIGITAL IMAGING BLOG

I like both versions, but tI think I prefer teh topaz one. Nicely done.

Thanks Craig! I'm seeing that photo art is indeed subjective. I like the color dreamy version best, the original least, and the mono inbetween.

DIGITAL IMAGING BLOG

Now let's try some other techniques. To be honest I am usually bored by straight images; I like to "do something" to them. And to think, I used to be a photojournalist...

[Image: Adjustart1.jpg]

[Image: Adjustart2.jpg]

[Image: Adjustart3.jpg]

DIGITAL IMAGING BLOG

None of those three jump out like the Topaz one for me.

To be technical they are all Topaz effects, though different of their plug-ins (Impression and Texture Effects). These 3 are my favorites.

It depends on whether you just want to "pop" a photo or reinterpret it, though Adjust can do both.

DIGITAL IMAGING BLOG

The mono in Post #3 is superb; for me, it stands head and shoulders above all the rest. Photography well done!

Cheers.
Philip

I love the experiments! Neat variations.

Nikon D3100 with Tokina 28-70mm f3.5, (I like to use a Vivitar .43x aux on the 28-70mm Tokina), Nikkor 10.5 mm fisheye, Quanteray 70-300mm f4.5, ProOptic 500 mm f6.3 mirror lens. http://donschaefferphoto.blogspot.com/

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post
Last Post by EdMak
Sep 4, 2017, 05:14
Last Post by Don Schaeffer
Jul 1, 2017, 09:54