Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Bugger... ouch!

This one's not an April fool's joke (today's Apr 2 in Oz)... Big Grin

I was at church last night hanging up some decorations for the kidz programme. I stood on a table to reach the rafters and must have tripped on something on the table, because next thing I knew, I was on the ground, and had rolled my left ankle. I spent the rest of the night with some ice and my foot bandaged and put up on a chari... Big Grin

Today it's still a bit swollen, and it hurts a bit more than yesterday... good thing it's Sunday - I can stay at home and rest my foot. Big Grin

Sympathetic lot, aren't they? There there.

Lumix LX5.
Canon 350 D.+ 18-55 Kit lens + Tamron 70-300 macro. + Canon 50mm f1.8 + Manfrotto tripod, in bag.

That really sucks. Take care of your ankle, and make sure you don't try to get back on it too early. If possible, see a physiotherapist.

My wife severely twisted her ankle almost eleven years ago. It is still weak and can cause nagging little problems. Her sports-medicine-person says that if she'd broken it outright, it would have been better in the long run.

.. do you think it happening in church means anything? Big Grin

matthewpiers.com • @matthewpiers | robertsonphoto.blogspot.com | @thewsreviews • thewsreviews.com

hey, you must go a see a doc, sometimes some injures can get very serious later.

x-ray

hey that will be great some shots of ankle been x-ray!!

not good ST I hope you will be back on you feet (foot) soon.........

I bet you were hopping mad. Tongue

take care, rest up and get better soon Jules, at least you can still sit at the computer!

Canon 350D with Speedlight 580EX flash
EFS 18-55 f/3.5-5.6 II, EF 90-300mm f/4.5-5.6 USM, EF 50mm f/1.8

http://www.inspired-images.com.au

That's indeed a bugger! I hope you'll be better soon.

Gallery/ Flickr Photo Stream

Reality is for wimps who can't face photoshop.

I hope you get better soon... I also think you should see a doctor... you might have some days off from work to rest your foot... Wink

A work of art which did not begin in emotion is not art.
Paul Cezanne

Hey thanks everyone for the well wishes... Big Grin

Been resting it the whole day and having ice on it... it's a nasty black colour in some parts.. lol... very pretty. Big Grin

What, no photos?

Big GrinBig GrinBig Grin

matthewpiers.com • @matthewpiers | robertsonphoto.blogspot.com | @thewsreviews • thewsreviews.com

How does it feel to be me.Big Grin

Sit, stay, ok, hold it! Awww, no drooling! :O
My flickr images

OUCH !! i feel your pain. take care of that foot .

...... Shawn

Canon 20d and a few cheap lenses ..

It is our job as photographers to show people what they saw but didnt realize they saw it ......

I've been dealing with a troubled knee for almost 2 years now. I finally had it looked at and it's a cartilage tear. It swells at times and gets sore but as long as I keep it wrapped I can still mountain bike and play hockey. I'm not ready for arthroscopic surgery yet. I went ahead and booked it a year from now. The way I see it is if in a year it needs to be done I'll do it, if not I'll rebook. I'll live with it until absolutely necessary. New job and all I can't afford to be off 3-4 months.

Sit, stay, ok, hold it! Awww, no drooling! :O
My flickr images

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post
Last Post by peter
Jul 25, 2004, 20:44