Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Train Station Wall

I took this shot early one morning while waiting at a train station in Nashville, Tennessee. The sunlight reflected in the downtown building caught my eye, and I was just drawn to the view, but then became more interested in the textures of the wall, fence, and vine when I got closer to it. Any opinions are welcome.

[Image: Nashville%202007%20258b.jpg]

"The camera is an instrument that teaches people how to see without a camera." ~ Dorothea Lange

I like it - lovely light and the fence seems so clear that it almost looks surreal. I spent a ton of time in Nashville last year and this year, and this light looks really familiar.

You have some nice colours in the fence and ivy and posts, but the blow out in the centre B/G drags me away a little.

I sometimes have that, and grab a bit of colour from nearest thing and paint it out, and blur it a bit.
But if you like it then leave it.Smile

Lumix LX5.
Canon 350 D.+ 18-55 Kit lens + Tamron 70-300 macro. + Canon 50mm f1.8 + Manfrotto tripod, in bag.

I like the fence and ivy. Lovely color.

Nikon D3100 with Tokina 28-70mm f3.5, (I like to use a Vivitar .43x aux on the 28-70mm Tokina), Nikkor 10.5 mm fisheye, Quanteray 70-300mm f4.5, ProOptic 500 mm f6.3 mirror lens. http://donschaefferphoto.blogspot.com/

Thank you Toad, NT, and Don for your comments.

"The camera is an instrument that teaches people how to see without a camera." ~ Dorothea Lange

Your picture has very beautiful colors, they match so nicely. You have the blue and magenta of the morning, and that orange of the rust and the green of the vine matching really well and contrasting with the background... Richness of textures and colors in your picture.

At the beginning I thought that the fence could be slanted, but then I saw the buildings are perfectly right so the fence is like this and I like it even more!! Wink

I like very much the natural look in your picture because the colors shine.

My only suggestion would be to give a bit of sharpening to enhance detail in the vine and the wire of the fence.

A work of art which did not begin in emotion is not art.
Paul Cezanne

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post
Last Post by Plantsman
Jan 18, 2015, 06:10
Last Post by Korry
Jan 2, 2013, 06:34