Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Trip to the Museum

Hey all, my family and I went on a trip to the museum today. Here are some of my favourite shots:

1. Museum
[Image: IMG_20100911_1571.jpg]

2. Procession of the dinosaurs
[Image: IMG_20100911_1574.jpg]

3. Gallery
[Image: IMG_20100911_1627.jpg]

4. Smile
[Image: IMG_20100911_1632.jpg]

5. Red
[Image: IMG_20100911_1670.jpg]

Thanks for looking!

Wow. What an armamentarium you have developed. I love the HDR rendering.

Nikon D3100 with Tokina 28-70mm f3.5, (I like to use a Vivitar .43x aux on the 28-70mm Tokina), Nikkor 10.5 mm fisheye, Quanteray 70-300mm f4.5, ProOptic 500 mm f6.3 mirror lens. http://donschaefferphoto.blogspot.com/

I like your processing in #1. Is that your daughter in #5? She sure has grown up since the last photos that we saw.

Very strong, especially the first and last images. (How can you go wrong with four-foot-high Helvetica?) The matching reds is great in the last one, and the other people add a lot as well.

("armamentarium" - thank goodness for google.)

matthewpiers.com • @matthewpiers | robertsonphoto.blogspot.com | @thewsreviews • thewsreviews.com

Thanks all, and thanks for expanding my vocabulary, Don! Big Grin

Matthew, the words in #1 was the actual sign for the museum. I just did a high contrast B/W, but I love the impact of the effect. Big Grin

Toad, yes it's my little daughter, and she's 2 and a half now. She's growing up really quickly and is really adorable, especially when she's having fun at a park. I love the reds of the last one as well - maybe I should clone out the people and the climbing frame thing in the background. Big Grin

shuttertalk Wrote:maybe I should clone out the people and the climbing frame thing in the background. Big Grin
I wouldn't. The people add to the interest of the photo.

Very nice pictures Jules... Smile It was great that they let you take pictures. Did you have to pay extra fee for taking your camera with you?

The last one is beautiful. It is a picture that you can show as it is and tells one story or you could have a second version by cropping out all and just leaving Olivia in the middle of the red panels.

Thanks for showing your pictures... Smile

A work of art which did not begin in emotion is not art.
Paul Cezanne

Thanks Irma, glad you enjoyed looking at them.

They had no problems with cameras - I don't think they're as strict as art galleries...

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post