Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Tuesday evening Sunset

Took this with canon 600d 55-250mm lens. f.16, ISO 100, 1/100 sec. 55mm focal length. I used a red filter to see what the effect would be. Having fun experimenting with the coloured filters.

Attached Files Image(s)

It looks like an early morning or late evening shot. Well done.

Lumix LX5.
Canon 350 D.+ 18-55 Kit lens + Tamron 70-300 macro. + Canon 50mm f1.8 + Manfrotto tripod, in bag.

Nicely Done.

Hello Jane. I think the scene and the filter effect are very pleasant.

The image looks a bit soft, although perhaps that is just my taste, and you intended it to be so. But you might consider gentle sharpening - on the file that you uploaded, try PSP's Unsharp Mask at Radius=0.5, Strength=150, Clipping=0, which improves it for me. (If you want to sharpen the original, increase the Radius to about 2).

Cheers.
Philip

Nice one Jane, and, a straight horizon, well done. I imagine the one I have, will look about the same as Philips, worth the effort, then you have a choice of two. Cheers, Ed.

To each his own!

(Jun 5, 2015, 08:41)NT73 Wrote:  It looks like an early morning or late evening shot. Well done.

Thank you. I love the sunsets, haven't managed to get a sunrise yet though. I live in a built up area and don't get up early enoughSmile

(Jun 5, 2015, 09:01)EnglishBob Wrote:  Nicely Done.

Thank you Craig.

(Jun 5, 2015, 09:15)MrB Wrote:  Hello Jane. I think the scene and the filter effect are very pleasant.

The image looks a bit soft, although perhaps that is just my taste, and you intended it to be so. But you might consider gentle sharpening - on the file that you uploaded, try PSP's Unsharp Mask at Radius=0.5, Strength=150, Clipping=0, which improves it for me. (If you want to sharpen the original, increase the Radius to about 2).

Cheers.
Philip

Thank you for the learning tips Philip. I have tried this on my copy and it is an improvement. I have so much to learn about editing, all help is greatly appreciated.

Jane

(Jun 7, 2015, 02:38)EdMak Wrote:  Nice one Jane, and, a straight horizon, well done. I imagine the one I have, will look about the same as Philips, worth the effort, then you have a choice of two. Cheers, Ed.

Did you post a photo Ed, as I cannot see it? I did try hard to get a straight horizon as I tend to dip to the left a lot. Maybe this is because I am left handed Smile

Jane

Did not post a pic, reading Philips post indicated, to me, that I have probably done the same in Photoshop. I am also left handed, it's supposedly a sign of the devil!! Cheers. Ed.

To each his own!

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post
Last Post by EnglishBob
Dec 3, 2018, 22:00
Last Post by MrB
May 31, 2017, 14:45