Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Tulips (macro)

A series of tulips I did a the beginning of the year. I forgot to play with them... Rolleyes

[Image: IMG_7719-Edit.jpg]

[Image: IMG_7727-Edit.jpg]

They are not my colors, but I discovered this combination and I think the colors go well....

Hope you like them.... Smile

A work of art which did not begin in emotion is not art.
Paul Cezanne

#1 is really lovely. Both are wonderfully minimalistic...

Thanks Toad... Smile

I am trying to work some pictures like these ones in square format. I am not used to the format but I want to learn... Some pictures look so elegant in this format.

Paul Cezanne

Yes - I am putting together some shots for my next show - and I am trying to include some square ones. They do look very elegant. It is a terribly tricky format to master though because it is so different from what you see in a rectangular viewfinder.

The colours do work well Irma - simple, but beautiful.

Canon stuff.

Thanks Chris... Smile

Toad Wrote:Yes - I am putting together some shots for my next show - and I am trying to include some square ones....
That is great news Toad!!
Will it be this year?

Paul Cezanne

I like the second one, wonderful colors. In the first one I like the contrast between the pale pink and the dark black but not so much the gray of the shadows in between.

nice! Uli

Irma Wrote:Thanks Chris... Smile

Toad Wrote:Yes - I am putting together some shots for my next show - and I am trying to include some square ones....
That is great news Toad!!
Will it be this year?
In 2008 actually - I made it through the jurying process - and was accepted - but I don't have the dates yet. I hope it will not be in April - I am doing something else in April called "Artists in Our Midsts" where painters, sculptures, photographers etc. open up there homes for a walk-around group exhibit in various Vancouver neighborhoods. It would be just my luck to have my framed works on display somewhere else at that time...

Irma, I can see why people would like these photos, but I don't.
They look washed-out and bland--too white and soft.

But that's okay.
You know I prefer dark backgrounds and sharp details.
This isn't a style of photography that appeals to me, but that doesn't mean you didn't do a good job on them.
For this type of dreamy diffused photo, you made a great contribution.
Big Grin

It seems that 2008 will be a great year to promote your art, Toad... Smile
All the Best to you!!

Thanks Uli, Smile

yes, those grey you see are the shadow of the base... And somehow this is a little problem I see with presents in LR that you make all the color treatment in the whole picture and you don't have the chance to work with mask... Well... if you could do it what would you need PS for?..

Thanks Keith, I appreciate your comment.... Smile

I learned this technique from some japanese photographers. I like it because it is easy to see, it tends to be mild to give some kind of peace. But let me tell you that I have a picture in mind long ago. I haven't found the subject yet, by your comment I think you might like it...
Let's see if I surprise you... Wink

Paul Cezanne

oh, I had missed that part, I didn't know you are using Lightroom now! I have never seen it. So do you use both, LR and PS now?
It is the one thing I really like in PS, that you can make local adjustments, otherwise I would save my pics straight out of ACR.

Uli

Uli,
I use LR since february...

Here is my post when I started with this program and I like it a lot.

http://www.shuttertalk.com/forums/viewtopic.php?id=7059

I never thought I would post straight from this program, and I have done it, because I am very pleased with the colors. Sometimes, when I want something special, I do my correction with mask. In this case... I left the kind of aqua color in #1 thinking that it would match the color of the petals.

Yes, I use LR and PS. Now that I am trying some textures in my pictures I came back to PSP X as well. I like how easy you can play with textures with that program, so... I am giving it a try again..... Smile

Paul Cezanne

Irma, you may have already found this, but something that I learned about the other day was the "Edit in Photoshop" command within lightroom. I used to just export the image with the "Open in Photoshop when done" instruction, but this command creates a duplicate within Lightroom that reflects the changes made in Photoshop. This stops me from losing the edited versions, and still lets me export and print from within lightroom. Very handy.

matthewpiers.com • @matthewpiers | robertsonphoto.blogspot.com | @thewsreviews • thewsreviews.com

Matt,
I have my programs like this, I always make a tif that opens in PS and I make my changes or just to save for web. What I don't like is when I am in PS do my changes and all and I want to work again in LR with this tif, because then I have to make another tif to preserve the changes.

It happens regularly when I crop and I want to have a vignette. I make the crop in LR but the vignette affects the whole picture, not only the crop. I can do the vignette in PS but it doesn't look as beautiful as it looks in LR I don't know why, it looks more natural...

Paul Cezanne

I just tried this on an image that I just added to the Product assignment. If you use the "edit in photoshop" command instead of exporting the image, you don't need to re-import the tiff file. When you save it in Photoshop it automatically updates the copy in the Lightroom library, and then you can go back to editing the image in Lightroom without duplicating it. Everything in the photoshopped image is locked, of course, but anything you do afterwards in Lightroom is handled normally. And best of all, because the crop is now permanent, you can add the vignette in lightroom.

matthewpiers.com • @matthewpiers | robertsonphoto.blogspot.com | @thewsreviews • thewsreviews.com

I got it Matt!
It works perfect!

Thanks, this will help a lot, and I won't store pictures I don't need.... Smile

Paul Cezanne

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post